Add to basket or enquire
Unable to travel? Prefer to work online? We’ve got you covered with our online CCTV training.
Our expert practitioners will guide you through our full training programme through a series of online webinars, and are fully available for you to discuss the course and ask any questions.
Brochure - Online Course
This course would be perfect for installation/service engineers and managers, or anyone interested in the installation and maintenance of CCTV systems.
It aims to provide students with a solid understanding of video security surveillance solutions. It also covers analogue, IP and hybrid video surveillance system design, installation and maintenance.
This qualification provides an understanding of CCTV design and installation which includes:
- Introduction to CCTV installation
- Analogue and digital systems
- CCTV power requirements and wiring
- Installation techniques and best practices
- Requirements analysis and system design
- CCTV tools and resources
The Cube course, unlike other online courses, provides a special learning experience. Sessions may be read, listened to, or watched on mobile phones or desktops. This helps you to study whenever and wherever you want.
Learners can receive a list of basic tool kits to purchase as well as a list of preferred suppliers. You should practise them at home when you first start the course. Every month, you will have one live session with your tutor during which you will be able to ask questions about your course.
You will never get bored with this interactive course that includes videos, texts, audios and quizzes to help you practise and assess what you've learned.
At the end of the course, you will be required to sit for an online multiple choice question test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately. You will instantly know whether you have been successful or not. Before sitting for your final exam you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
After completing and passing the course successfully, you will obtain a Level 2 Award in CCTV Installation & Design. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy, at a cost of £39, or in a downloadable PDF format for free.
Unit 1: Introduction to CCTV Installation
- Introduction to CCTV
- Role of CCTV in the modern world
- Stakeholders of a security surveillance system
- Basic components of an analogue and digital CCTV system
Unit 2: Analogue and Digital Systems
- Introduction to video signalling
- CCD, CMOS technology, interlaced and progressive scanning, NTSC and PAL resolutions
- Guidelines for selecting a CCTV camera
- High-definition television (HDTV) resolution, megapixel resolutions, wide dynamic range
- Digital CCTV systems vs analogue CCTV systems
- IP addressing data transport protocols for network video, Power over Ethernet, video codec
Unit 3: Requirements Analysis and System Design
- CCTV site survey report
- CCTV design
- Writing a CCTV system specification
- Cost analysis
Unit 4: CCTV Power Requirements and Wiring
- Ohm's Law
- Voltage drop and amperage requirements
- CE mark
- Low voltage distribution and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) considerations
Unit 5: Installation Techniques and Best Practices
- Inspection and testing of low voltage electrical installations
- Cable containment
- Small power systems
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS)
- Lighting protection
- Reference to British standards
Unit 6: CCTV Tools and Resources
- Introduction to CCTV tools
- Testing chart
- Maintenance checklist
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal if you are looking to start as a CCTV installer or wish to change career from another building or electrical trade. The course has been designed for candidates wanting a viable entry route into the electronic security surveillance industry.
To enroll on the course, you must be 18 or over. There are no formal qualifications required as prerequisites for the course, however it is recommended that students have basic numeracy and a background in electrical, such as a Level 2 Electrical Maintenance Skills, or experience in electrical maintenance. This is due to the course requiring installers to have a sound knowledge of earthing and wiring regulation, to not compromise safety.
As you progress with your studies and experience, you will open more career opportunities, and will be able to apply for roles with higher salaries such as Security System Operational Manager, CCTV Installer and Intruder Alarm Engineer.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.