Add to basket or enquire
1 in 4 people will experience a mental health problem in any given year.
They range from common problems, such as depression and anxiety, to rare problems like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Mental Health First Aid is a growing phenomenon to help tackle the mental health crisis.
This online qualification in Understanding Mental Health First Aid & Advocacy in the Workplace is helpful for anyone wanting to understand mental health first aid and how to care for those with mental ill health in a variety of settings. It’s also valuable for anyone planning a career that requires an understanding of mental ill health and is looking to qualify in this.
The course is suitable but not limited to those who may interact with individuals with mental health issues and support needs in their day-to-day lives, such as customer service, housing, hospitality, travel and tourism, sport and recreation and the voluntary sector.
Please note: Learners must have appropriate access to Microsoft Word and Microsoft Powerpoint to complete the assessment tasks related to this course.
Benefits of studying
- Paper-based and online course options available
- Study from anywhere, at any time
- Gain an accredited level 2 qualification
- Nationally recognised
- Access to an award-winning e-learning platform
- Perfect for beginners
- Unlimited support from qualified tutors
- Receive a digital e-certificate upon completion
- No hidden costs
Reed Courses have partnered with The Skills Network, an online learning and skills training provider, to offer access to a range of Level 2 qualifications via distance learning.
Unit 1: Exploring mental health
- Section 1: Know what is meant by mental health and mental ill health
- Section 2: Understand factors which may contribute to mental ill health
- Section 3: Understand types of mental ill health in individuals
- Section 4: Understand actions to take when an individual is facing a mental health crisis
Unit 2: Understand how to support individuals with mental ill health
- Section 1: Understand the importance of positive relationships
- Section 2: Understand the importance of a person-centred approach to supporting mental ill health
- Section 3: Understand own responsibilities and limitations in relation to the mental health of others and how to protect own mental health when supporting others
- Section 4: Understand the impact of attitudes and perceptions of mental health for individuals and organisations
Unit 3: Understand a mentally healthy environment
- Section 1: Know about the legislative framework relevant to mental health
- Section 2: Understand mentally healthy environments
- Section 3: Understand the importance of having a wellness action plan
Who is this course for?
This mental health first aid course is perfect for beginners and suits anyone looking to develop their skills in mental health first aid and mental health advocacy at work, whether it's to change careers or progress in their current role.
This Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health First Aid & Advocacy in the Workplace is fully funded by the government’s Adult Education Budget.
In order to qualify for funding, you must be:
- Aged 19 or over
- Reside in England
- Have been living in the EU for at least the last three years
- Not enrolling onto a course that you have already completed
This Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health First Aid & Advocacy in the Workplace will allow you to develop your abilities and stand out to employers in a range of fields - leading to roles such as:
- Peer Support Specialist
- Mental Health Advocate
- Employee Wellbeing Officer
- Mental Health Coach
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.