Future Step Education
Add to basket or enquire
The Future Step Education Level 2 in Fitness Instructing (Gym-based exercise) course will give you the skills and experience you need to confidently start your journey as a qualified fitness professional.
This is the starting point within the industry and allows you to access the Level 3 Personal Training Diploma on completion. Gaining this qualification will allow you to gain employment in a gym or fitness centre and qualifies you to join REPs/CIMSPA
The promotional offer price is inclusive of all course costs including all resources, tutor support, and certification. Interest-free payment plans are also available.
Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise) (RQF)
By the end of the fitness instructor course you will:
Become a REPs/CIMSPA accredited Level 2 Gym Instructor
Know how to instruct and coach safe and effective exercises
Have the skills necessary to become a fitness professional
Gain an internationally recognised qualification
As part of the course you will study:
- The heart and circulatory system
- The respiratory system
- Structure and function of the skeleton
- Musculoskeletal system
- Postural and core stability
- The nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- The skills and knowledge required to plan and prepare a gym-based exercise programme with apparently healthy adults – both individuals and groups. This may include young people in the 14-16 age range, provided they are part of a larger adult group. Client groups also covered are older adults, ante and postnatal clients and disabled clients provided the relevant contraindications and key safety guidelines are observed
You will learn all the essential knowledge and skills to enable you to confidently plan, instruct and evaluate successful one-to-one gym programmes. It also provides the underpinning knowledge and skills in preparation for your career as a personal trainer.
Who is this course for?
Ideally suited for those with a passion for health and fitness, this course is nationally accredited and once qualified, you will become a gym instructor, also known as a fitness instructor and can gain employment in a gymnasium or fitness centre in the UK or internationally.
Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended. The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary. There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved.
This is starting point within the industry and allows you to access the Level 3 Personal Training Diploma on completion. Gaining this qualification will allow you to gain employment in a gym or fitness centre and qualifies you to join REPS.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
There is no mention of in-gym training/testing. Does this mean the entire course is completed online? Can I start right away?
Hi Romani, The course has a practical assessment that needs to be completed in a gym/fitness environment. This can be conducted in a setting of your choice. All of the course theory can be completed online. You can also start straight away. Please let us know if you have any further questions. Future Step EducationThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hiya. The cost involved is this for the complete course from start to finish to get the level 2? Or is there any other added costs not explained thnx
Hi Michael, Yes, everything is included in the price. There are no additional costs to complete the course. Future Step EducationThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Can you confirm that this course is REP's accredited please?
Hi MJ, This is a REPS recognised course that’s allows you to apply to their register on completion. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Future Step EducationThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.