Training Express Ltd
Add to basket or enquire
The level 2 food safety in retail course is designed to provide foodservice professionals with a comprehensive understanding of food hygiene and safety procedures, policies and regulations, in compliance with The Food Safety Act 1990.
It is a legal requirement of all staff who handle or serve food to understand the risks to food safety and how to minimise them, in order to maintain a high standard of service and prevent the spread of bacteria in the workplace. This course covers personal hygiene best practice, cleaning procedures, pest control and contamination prevention.
You will explore the different types of food safety risks, how to prepare, handle and serve food correctly, fundamental bacteria prevention measures and premises maintenance and cleaning procedures. This course is ideal for both front of house and back of house employees, including those who handle low-risk or wrapped foods.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the safety risks of a poor food hygiene system
- Comply with The Food Safety Act 1990 to ensure an excellent standard of service
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of pest control and food contamination prevention procedures
- Ensure that the work area and equipment are maintained and kept clean at all times
- Introduce an effective food safety management system in the workplace
- Maintain an excellent standard of personal hygiene in the workplace
Key Features of Level 2 Food Safety - Retail Course:
Our trusted, high quality and affordable online courses are designed to train individuals to become experts in their field.
- Accredited, quality CPD training
- Instant e-certificate and hard copy dispatch by next working day
- Fully online, interactive course with audio voiceover
- Course material developed by qualified professionals
- Self-paced learning accessible via laptop, tablet and smartphone
- 24/7 Learning assistance and tutor support
- Discounts on bulk purchases
Module One: Food Safety Legislation
In module one, we will take an in-depth look at key food safety legislation, including the key principles of The Food Safety Act 1990.
Module Two: Hazards from Delivery to Service
In module two, we will gain an understanding of the common types of food hazards that can occur in the food retail industry, from delivery through to service.
Module Three: Risk Control (Prevention of Contamination)
In module three, we will explore fundamental contamination and prevention risk control measures that every foodservice professional must have knowledge of.
Module Four: Pests, Premises and People
In module four, we will take a look at pest control procedures, premises maintenance and cleaning procedures and personal hygiene best practice.
All of our courses are fully accredited, providing you with up-to-date skills and knowledge and helping you to become more competent and effective in your chosen field.
Once you’ve successfully completed your course, you will immediately be sent a digital certificate. Also, you can have your printed certificate delivered by post (shipping cost £3.99). Our certifications have no expiry dates, although we do recommend that you renew them every 12 months.
Who is this course for?
This level 2 training course applies to those in the following professions:
- Kitchen Managers
- Staff who are responsible for handling low-risk or wrapped foods (category A)
- Front of house employees, such as waiting or check out staff
- Back of house employees, such as kitchen porters or warehouse staff
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.