Add to basket or enquire
This QFQUAL regulated qualification is designed to provide learners with an understanding of the principles of working within the aviation sector. The primary purpose of this qualification is to allow learners to progress to employment in the aviation industry. The secondary purpose is to allow learners to explore different aspects of the aviation industry before specialising.
This qualification will also allow learners to gain transferable skills that can be applied to the workplace or further study.
Level 2 Diploma in Aviation Environment (QCF)
Aims of The Course
These are to:
- Explore risks, hazards and safety in an airport environment.
- Understand how to prevent and minimise risks and hazards airside
- Understand threats to security, security procedures and legislation
- Understand check-in procedures and how to process passenger travel documentation
- Loading and unloading methods used on aircraft
- Understand the purpose of aircraft marshalling, together with the dangers involved, equipment and checks when marshalling aircraft
While completing this qualification, learners may develop the knowledge, understanding and essential skills employers look for in employees. These range from familiar ‘key skills’ such as team working, independent learning and problem-solving, to more tricky-to-measure skills such as:
- An appreciation for appropriate behaviour and dress
- Appropriate interpersonal skills
- Communicating with professional colleagues/peers and/or hierarchical seniors
- Supporting other aspiring employees
- Personal manners and deportment
- Understanding work practices and how different roles and departments function within an organisation.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Aviation, learners are required to successfully complete all 5 graded mandatory units and 2 optional non-graded units
- Health and safety in aviation
- Aviation security
- Aviation communication
- Customer service in aviation
- Problem solving in aviation
Optional Units could include:
- Check-in procedures and travel documentation
- Passenger baggage processing
- Ground service operations
- Loading and unloading of aircraft
- Aircraft marshalling
- Dangerous goods in aviation
Who is this course for?
This qualification is suitable for learners aged pre-16 and above. This course is ideal for those who want to progress to employment in the aviation industry.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for these qualifications. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged pre-16 and above.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.