Learning Curve Group
Add to basket or enquire
Around 1 in 10 children and young people are affected by mental health problems, so it’s important that people working with them have a good understanding of mental health.
If you want to learn about mental health issues to support children and young people that you work with, or those you care for in your own life, this level 2 course is perfect for you.
Our fully online course will teach you about supporting children and young people’s mental health and emotional well-being.
You will learn about issues facing children and young people like depression, anxiety and conduct disorder, as well as factors that affect their mental health and the impact mental health problems can have on them and their lives.
Emotional well-being is just as important as a child’s mental health; therefore it is important for those working with children and young people to have a good understanding of the concepts, risk factors and impact of mental health.
- Understand Children and Young People’s Mental Health in Context
- Understand Factors Which May Affect Children and Young People’s Mental Health
- Understand Children and Young People’s Mental Health Concerns
- Understand the Impact of Children and Young People’s Mental Health Concerns
- Understand how to Support Children and Young People with Mental Health Concerns
Who is this course for?
Our Level 2 Course in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health will give you the kickstart you need to get into careers in Childcare, or Health and Social Care. This would be particularly useful for job roles such as;
- Health Play Specialist (£20,329 to £31,533)
- Teaching Assistant (£11,500 to £23,000)
- Social Work Assistant (£12,500 to £25,000)
- The learner must live in England and be over 19 years old. To enrol you must have your National Insurance number, a form of Identification, employment documents and details of your previous qualifications. This process can take 10-20 minutes.
*Please note there is a £125 cancellation fee if a learner enrols and fails to complete or withdraws early from the course. This fee is to cover administration costs. We may be able to offer extensions if learners are unable to meet the set submission deadline. Please read the declaration on the enrolment form carefully before signing up.
This course is for anyone who wants to start a career in Childcare, Teaching or work with individuals with Mental Health needs.