Learning Curve Group
Add to basket or enquire
There are around 700,000 people in the UK with autism – more than 1 in every 100.
If you work with people with autism, or if someone you know is autistic, this course is a great way to increase your knowledge about the condition.
You will learn about autism and how it can affect the ways people communicate, interact and process information. You'll learn how to support autistic people to live healthy, fulfilled lives.
This fully online course will give you essential skills you need when working in mental health.
Having a clear understanding of the misconceptions, diagnoses and support surrounding autism are just some of the essential skills needed when working in mental health.
- Learn how individuals with autism process sensory information
- Understand the characteristics that may be present in individuals with autism
- Understand the conditions that commonly occur with autism
- Learn the common misconceptions surrounding autism
- Learn how speech, language and communication may differ in people with autism
- Recognise how legislation and guidance underpins support
Who is this course for?
This Level 2 Autism Course can help with professional development and lead to careers in Education and Childcare. This is particularly useful for job roles such as;
- Teaching Assistant (£11,500 to £23,000 per year)
- Training officer (£15,000 to £35,000 per year)
- Nursery worker (£14,000 to £24,000 per year)
Understanding individuals with autism can help make the workplace a more inclusive environment. This can help your CV stand out and is beneficial for many different job roles.
*Salary information is taken from the National Careers Service*
- The learner must live in England and be over 19 years old. To enrol you must have your National Insurance number, a form of Identification, employment documents and details of your previous qualifications. This process can take 10-20 minutes.
*Please note there is a £125 cancellation fee if a learner enrols and fails to complete or withdraws early from the course. This fee is to cover administration costs. We may be able to offer extensions if learners are unable to meet the set submission deadline. Please read the declaration on the enrolment form carefully before signing up.
If you are looking for a career caring for people on the autistic spectrum or would like to enhance your knowledge as someone who already works in this industry then this is the course for you.