The Skills Network
Add to basket or enquire
This course will equip you with a detailed understanding of mental health and mental health issues, the principles of the mental health care worker, approaches to care and management and the duty of care in adult health and social care, and change and support in relation to mental health.
This course is split into 5 units:
Unit 1: Mental Health and Mental Health Issues
- Section 1: The concept of mental health
- Section 2: Common types of mental health problems and illnesses
- Section 3: The legislation and guidance that applies to those with mental health problems.
Unit 2: Principles of the Mental Health Care Worker
- Section 1: The different roles and responsibilities for working in mental health
- Section 2: How continuous professional development improves own practice
- Section 3: How own well-being improves practice
- Section 4: The Mental Capacity Act 2005 when Working in Mental Health Care
Unit 3: Approaches to Care and Management in Mental Health
- Section 1: The key features of the care planning process
- Section 2: Aspects of good practice in the care planning process.
Unit 4: Understand Duty of Care in Adult Health and Social Care
- Section 1: What is meant by "duty of care"
- Section 2: Dilemmas and conflicts relating to duty of care
- Section 3: How to recognise and report unsafe practices
- Section 4: The impact of own actions on individuals and others
- Section 5: The importance of consent in health and social care practice.
Unit 5: Understanding Change and Support in Relation to Mental Health
- Section 1: How mental health change occurs
- Section 2: The role of others in the individual's mental health change
- Section 3: The treatment options available to manage mental health problems
- Section 4: How to access information to support understanding of mental health issues.
Who is this course for?
This qualification is aimed at anyone looking to develop their understanding of mental health and the role of the mental health care worker. This qualification covers the skills and knowledge needed to understand approaches to care and management in mental health, the duty of care, and the principles a mental health care worker is required to have.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.