Learning Curve Group
Add to basket or enquire
Dementia is one of the main causes of disability in later life, and cases are rising – by 2051, it’s expected that two million people in the UK will have dementia.
If you work with people with dementia, it’s important that you understand the condition and know how to provide the best possible care for each individual.
In our level 2 Principles of Dementia Care course, you will learn all about approaches to dementia care. You’ll gain insight into how dementia affects the way people behave and interact, as well as how best to communicate with people who have dementia.
Dementia is one of the main causes of disability in later life and with research being desperately underfunded, it costs the UK over £26 billion a year. Understanding dementia and the person-centred care that is required is fundamental to high-quality care.
- Understand the different forms of dementia
- Learn how to support individuals through person-centred care
- Develop knowledge and understanding of care
- Learn positive communication methods
- Learn issues around the use of medication
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who is in the care industry or those looking to increase their understanding of Dementia
- The learner must live in England and be 19 years old or older. To enrol you must have your National Insurance number, a form of Identification, employment documents and details of your previous qualifications. This process can take 10-20 minutes.
This course is for anyone who wants to start a career in care and wants to further their understanding of Dementia.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.