Add to basket or enquire
The Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools is aimed at learners over the age of 16 who are interested in working within a school as a teaching assistant, classroom assistant or learning support assistant at key stage 1 or above. Due to this qualification being competence-based learners are required to be employed or hold a placement within an appropriate school setting, so they can demonstrate their skills and progression.
The aim of this qualification is to enable learners to develop their knowledge and understanding surrounding the roles and responsibilities involved in supporting teaching and learning in schools. By studying units such as preparing and maintaining learning environments learners will begin to successfully support the teacher and the delivery of curriculum within a school as well as developing skills to help children and young people to develop self-esteem, independence and skills for learning.
The qualification will be assessed through a combination of essays and professional discussions and workplace observations that will be constructed into an online portfolio. All assignments and learning materials for the course can be accessed through our online learning platform. Students have 12 months access to the online learning platform where they may study entirely at their own pace. Learners on the course will cover the following units:
UNIT A: EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION IN WORK WITH CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
UNIT B: MAINTAIN AND SUPPORT RELATIONSHIPS WITH CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
UNIT C: COMMUNICATION AND PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIPS WITH CHILDREN, YOUNG PEOPLE AND ADULTS
UNIT D: CHILD AND YOUNG PERSON DEVELOPMENT
UNIT E: SAFEGUARDING THE WELFARE OF YOUNG CHILDREN
UNIT F: SUPPORT CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE'S POSITIVE BEHAVIOUR
UNIT G: SUPPORT CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE'S SAFETY
UNIT H: SUPPORT LEARNING ACTIVITIES
UNIT I: HELP IMPROVE OWN AND TEAM PRACTICE IN SCHOOLS
Whilst on the course learners will receive the following all-inclusive features:
- Unlimited tutor support – You will receive live personal tutor support throughout the duration of your course. Your highly-qualified tutor will be available from Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm via email and telephone.
- Rapid marking response – Submissions of work are marked within 3 working days to ensure that you progress through your course as efficiently as possible.
- No deadlines – We do not impose any deadlines on our courses; you can complete the qualification entirely at your own pace throughout the duration of the course.
- Accredited certification – You will receive your accredited certificate and unit transcript free of charge from our approved awarding body at no extra cost!
- Observations– You will also have access to one of our observers who can come out to your location at no extra cost. This means that the practical aspects of your course can be completed, and you don’t have to worry about additional payments!
Upon completion of the course learners will receive their accredited certification. We are an approved Training Qualifications UK Centre, meaning that we can offer approved qualifications through this OFQUAL-regulated, fully-accredited awarding body. With over 400 Centres worldwide, TQUK provide qualifications that meet the needs of learners, working with us to attain the very best results.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for anyone who is working or on placement within a school environment at key stage 1 or above who wishes to become a teaching assistant, classroom assistant or learning assistant. This qualification helps to develop professional and technical skills and knowledge by studying units such as invigilating examinations which enables learners to have more of an active role within the school and become more of an asset to the organisation as they prove their competence in completing various tasks and holding more responsibilities within a school environment.
- Students must be able to demonstrate skills in Maths and English at Level 2
- Students must be at least 16 years old
- Learners are required to be actively working or volunteering in a school environment in order to demonstrate competence in knowledge and skills.
Upon Completion of this Certificate learners will be able to apply for the positions such as teaching assistants, classroom assistants or learning assistants within a school.
Learners may also look towards further qualifications within a teaching and learning environment at level 3 which provides even more opportunity for career progression.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.