Learning Curve Group
Add to basket or enquire
Britain has an ageing population - the number of people aged over 64 is expected to grow to 15 million by 2040. This means more people will live with serious chronic illnesses and need end of life care.
Our level 2 Certificate in Principles of End of Life Care will give you the knowledge you need to perform your role as a care worker for people approaching the end of their lives.
You will learn how to support and manage pain and discomfort, as well as gaining insight into the impact of dementia on end of life care. You'll also develop the compassionate skills needed for supporting family and friends with the loss and grief process.
The problems faced and support needed by people nearing the end of life is wide-ranging and a good understanding of pain management, support and quality of life is essential for all carers.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of end of life care
- Covers topics including the support needed to manage pain and discomfort
- Understand how dementia impacts on end of life care
- Learn the role of the care worker at time of death
- Learn the loss and grief process
Who is this course for?
This course in the Principles of End of Life Care will give you the insight you need if you were to pursue a career in Health and Social Care. This would be particularly useful for job roles such as;
- Senior Care Worker (£17,000 to £27,000)
- Care Worker (£13,500 to £25,000)
- Care Home Manager (£25,000 to £55,000)
- The learner must live in England and be over 19 years old. To enrol you must have your National Insurance number, a form of Identification, employment documents and details of your previous qualifications. This process can take 10-20 minutes
*Please note there is a £125 cancellation fee if a learner enrols and fails to complete or withdraws early from the course. This fee is to cover administration costs. We may be able to offer extensions if learners are unable to meet the set submission deadline. Please read the declaration on the enrolment form carefully before signing up.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.