Add to basket or enquire
The Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care is designed for individuals who have a desire to work in Adult Social Care or who want to acquire more knowledge about the sector. The course provides learners with an understanding of what it takes to work in health and social care and the responsibilities of a health and social care worker. The course will introduce learners to the basic fundamentals of caring and preparation in adult social care.
The course will cover key features such as equality, diversion and inclusion, duty of care and safeguarding. The course will increase the confidence and knowledge in learners enabling them to seek employment in social and healthcare environments.
The Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care will give learners access to a wide range of areas such as personal development, communication, and health and safety. It is a great learning course for individuals who want to understand the concept behind preparing for work in this field and want to enhance their skills and knowledge of their job role.
Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Learn the role and responsibilities of a Care Worker and how to perform the job role to the best of their ability.
- Learn good practices in adult social care roles.
- Understand why diversity and inclusion are important in such settings.
- Learn how to recognise signs of alleged abuse and respond to them accordingly.
- Understand the duty of care and how to support certain challenges.
- Learn person-centered approach in your job role.
- Understand confidentiality in your job role as an adult social care worker.
- Provide a safe environment for people in your care.
1: Principles Of Communication In Adult Social Care
2: Principles Of Personal Development In Adult Social Care Settings
3: Diversity, Equality And Inclusion
4: Principles Of Safeguarding And Protection In Health And Social Care
5: Introduction To Duty Of Care In Health, Social Care Or Children’s And Young People’s Settings
6: Understand The Role Of The Social Care Worker
7: Understand Person- Centred Approaches In Adult Health And Social Care
8: Understand Health And Safety In Social Care Settings
9: Understand How To Handle Information In Social Care Settings
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
To achieve this online accredited Adult Social Care qualification, learners must complete all 9 mandatory units, gaining them a total of 20 credits. You will complete assignments and create a portfolio of evidence, which will be assessed by a tutor.
This course will teach you all the fundamentals of working in social care:
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Personal development
- Role of the social care worker
- Handling information
- Health and safety
- Duty of care
- Person-centred approaches
- Qualification type: NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate
- Qualification title: NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Accreditation status: Accredited
- Level: 2
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 179
- Credits: 20
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 200
- Qualification number (QN): 600/0047/8
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care Certificate. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
Learners will need to be over the age of 19, and must demonstrate the following:
- Vocational or academic qualification at Level 2 or higher
- Basic level of literacy, numeracy and ICT ability
In order to qualify for the program you will need to submit a completed application form which will be provided to you. This form should be provided to us within a month of enrolment along with the following;
- Proof of educational qualifications
- You must provide an identification document such as a passport or a driving licence.
- Senior Healthcare Assistant – £8.14 per hour
- Residential Support Worker – £7.73 per hour
- Care Worker – £7.66 per hour
- Healthcare Assistant – £7.42 per hour
- Caregiver – £7.88 per hour
- Social Worker – £28,167 per annum
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.