Add to basket or enquire
The Level 2 Certificate in Music Technology is an ideal qualification for learners who wish to develop their underpinning knowledge of the processes and principles of music production. This qualification provides learners with a good insight into the skills and knowledge they require, not only for working in the music industry, but also for employment in general. This qualification will enable learners to focus on the study of music technology within the arts, media and publishing sector and provide opportunities to acquire a number of practical and technical skills.
Level 2 Certificate in Music Technology is supported by Creative and Cultural Skills, the Sector Skills Council for the Creative and Cultural Industries.
AIMS OF THE COURSE
These are to:
- develop skills in music technology and the recording process
- develop technical skills using music technology
- enable learners to perform using music technology
- enable learners to progress to further study both at level 2 and above
- develop and use ICT, communication, project management, time management and team working skills
- provide an opportunity to develop creative and technical skills
- increase learners’ awareness of the different aspects of music technology and using various software
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Music Technology, learners are required to successfully complete 2 mandatory units and 2 optional units.
- Set up and operate audio/MIDI sequencing software
- Create music using audio/MIDI sequencing software
Learners can choose 2 optional units. Optional units are:
- Multi-track audio recording
- Use multi-track sound mixing techniques
- Using DJ skills
- Dance music production
- Audio editing
- Sound and music production
- Sound effects techniques for music production
- Microphone use in music production
- Location recording
Who is this course for?
The Level 2 Certificate in MusicTechnology is an ideal qualification for learners who wish to develop their underpinning knowledge of theprocesses and principles of music production.
This qualification is designed for learners aged pre-16 and above. There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however, learners might find it useful if they have a completed level 1 qualification.
The qualification provides learners with a good insight into the skills and knowledge they require, not only for working in the music industry but also for employment in general.
Learners undertaking this qualification could progress into further education, including the following qualifications:
NCFE Level 3 Applied General Certificate in Music Technology
NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Performance Skills
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
How many guided learning hours is the L2 Certificate in Music Technology?
Hi Debbie, Level 2 Certificate in Music Technology has 100 Guided Learning Hours (GLH). Best Wishes, APeducation OnlineThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi there, Is it possible to chose more than two optional units? Thank you.
Hi Gabor, Thank you for your enquiry. Yes, you can choose additional units. Best wishes, Team APeducation OnlineThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is this course assessed? If so, how? Thanks
Hi Chris, This is an OFQUAL recognised qualification. Yes, the course is assessed. The assessments methods could include: • reports and/or observations • professional discussion, including written or oral questioning Thanks, Team APeducation OnlineThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.