Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Do you love to work with children and young people? The Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring Children & Young People is designed to equip individuals with the necessary skills and knowledge in childcare training. If you want to have a career in childcare and education, this is a valuable course as it will improve your opportunities of gaining recognised employment.
The course will introduce learners to young children’s development, how to plan a healthy diet, safeguarding children and the value of play. Children are impacted at different stages of their lives, and these factors will impact how they develop in later years. The course will educate individuals on how different factors influence a child’s development, and how children in the care of early educators must take on the responsibility of safeguarding them.
The course will explore how nutrition, importance of play, interaction and welfare contribute positively to the development of children and young people. The Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring Children & Young People course is perfect to enjoy a rewarding and lucrative career. With the competition increasing in childcare jobs, employers now look for candidates with nationally recognised qualifications.
- Explore the development of young children from birth to 5 years.
- Understand a child’s physical and emotional needs.
- Learn how transition can impact children.
- Learn about the nutritional needs of children and how to plan for a healthy diet.
- Understand the necessity of play and how different activities can enhance the creativity and imagination of children.
- Understand the legislation, policies and guidelines for safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
1: Safeguarding The Welfare Of Children And Young People
2: The Importance Of Play For Early Learning
3: Use Food And Nutrition Information To Plan A Healthy Diet
4: Young Children's Development
5: Accident Prevention And Fire Safety When Babysitting
If there are any questions or queries about this programme, you can state here, and we will get a course advisor to contact you as soon as possible.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
- The Level 2 Award, Certificate and Extended Diploma in Caring Children & Young People have been designed to enable you access higher education, and will also support your progression into the workplace
- This Award is made up of 2 mandatory units, which will give learners a good understanding of working in Caring Children & Young People
- Qualification type: NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award
- Qualification title: NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Childcare and Education
- Accreditation status: Accredited
- Level: 2
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 180
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 227
- Qualification number (QN): 600/0336/4
Method of Assessment
In order to complete the Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring Children & Young People successfully and gain your professional qualification, all learners must complete 2 mandatory units. You will complete assignments and create a portfolio of evidence, which will be assessed by a tutor.
Grading system: A*–D (to pass an assignment you must achieve a grade D or above).
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring Children & Young People Certificate. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
We believe that tutor support is paramount to how well you succeed in your choice of programme. Therefore, we have taken great care to ensure you have tutor support from start to finish. When you enrol in our courses, you will receive dedicated tutor support. Our academic tutors will provide unlimited assistance through email, and in the instance of any questions they will provide answers to the best of their knowledge.
Learners must be 16 or over, and should have a basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy and ICT.
Learners taking the Certificate will need to be working or volunteering in a school environment as they will need to show competence in both knowledge and skills.
- Childcare Worker – £26,693 per annum
- Social Worker – £28,167 per annum
- Early Childhood Educator – £17,382 per annum
- Childcare Leader – £7.93 per hour
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.