Add to basket or enquire
Level 2 Certificate in Fundamentals of Biology
Biology is a natural science that examines life and living organisms, including their physical structures, chemical processes, molecular interactions, development and evolution. It is a very important aspect of science that helps us understand the world and nature around us. It is also important to identify cures and treatments for diseases as it includes the study of human body and animals. It is also greatly beneficial in preserving the life, nature and environment surrounding us. Studying the basics of biology will not just benefit professionals, studying it will also be worthwhile for every single individual throughout their lifetime.
This course in the fundamentals of Biology is aimed at providing the basics of biology for aspiring biologists, individuals looking to study further in biology and to individuals wanting to be aware of the fundamentals of Biology. This course will tutor on the scientific method and representation of scientific work and on the chemistry of living things and organic chemistry. Topics such as Dna, Rna, Enzyme. genes, chromosomes and cell division will also be explored through this course along with scrutinizing gene mutation causes and disorders and cellular metabolism. This course will further teach you on the systems of our body to the fundamentals of ecology, evolution and speciation.
Why should you choose us?
- No Hidden Fee
- Free e-certificate (PDF)
- Free Career Support Service
- Free CV Writing and Interview Skills Pack available with this course.
- Get 2 days (48 hours) of free access to one of our 140 course strong course libraries, we will issue access upon your request when you have purchased a course.
- Nationally and internationally recognised Accredited qualification
- Excellent quality video tutorials
- Get Tutor support Monday-Friday
- Get one year's access to the course
- Get support by phone, live chat, and email
- Join our friendly online learning platform
- Our Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet, and Smartphone devices. So, you can access your course on Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G.
- There is no time limit for completing this course, it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
- All tests are online and are taken either during or after the course, these are included in the price.
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
Following key topics are covered in this course;
Module 1. The Scientific Method And Representation Of Scientific Work
Module 2. The Chemistry Of Living Things And Organic Chemistry
Module 3. Introduction To Dna And Rna And An Enzyme
Module 4. Cell Membrane Structure And Function And Cellular Organelles
Module 5. Mechanism Of Dna Replication And The Dna, Rna And Proteins
Module 6. Gene Mutation Causes And Disorders And Cellular Metabolism
Module 7. Genes, Chromosomes, Cell Division
Module 8. The Systems In Our Body
Module 9. Nervous System And Homeostasis
Module 10. Processes Of Genetics, Animal Reproduction And Development
Module 11. Fundamentals Of Ecology
Module 12. Evolution And Speciation
Module 13. The Timeline And Evolution Of Life On Earth
Module 14. Species Names, Taxonomy And Genetic Engineering
- Understand the scientific method and representation of scientific work
- Gain an insight into the chemistry of living things and organic chemistry
- Explore topics such as Dna, Rna, Enzyme. genes, chromosomes and cell division.
- Examine cell membrane structure and function and cellular organelles.
- Discover the gene mutation causes and disorders and cellular metabolism.
- Learn about the systems in our body including the nervous system and Homeostasis.
- Study the processes of genetics, animal reproduction and development.
- Comprehend the fundamentals of ecology, evolution and speciation.
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be awarded a certificate in the Fundamentals of Biology.
Who is this course for?
- This course would be very suitable for anyone hoping to go on to higher study, or those hoping to work in the field of Biology or conservation.
- This course would also be helpful to those studying Biology who need extra tuition.
Learners for this course must be 16 years of age or above and should have a basic understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT.
This course could help you become any of the following:
- Research analyst
- Lab Technician
- Research Scientist
- Nature Conservation Officer
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hello mr/mrs I wondering if this course can help me for the entry University in dental hygiene. Thanks for your attention Marika
Dear Marika Thank you very much for your query. This course would be very suitable for anyone hoping to go on to higher study, or those hoping to work in the field of Biology or conservation. This course would also be helpful to those studying Biology who need extra tuition. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Muhammad Tariq asked:
Will this certification support for teaching Biology grade 8 to 10 at globe level
Dear Tariq Thank you very much for your query. This course will cover from The Scientific Method And Representation Of Scientific Work to Species Names, Taxonomy And Genetic Engineering. You can take an idea by the course curriculum displayed. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi I would like to ask a few questions. First, Is the online Assessment test can it be done at home or a college? And What hapend if fail the exam
Deat Ranj, Thank you for the query. At the end of the course, learners will also take an online multiple-choice questions assessment test, The final exam can be taken at your own convenient place and learners can retake the exam by paying a small amount if you have failed unexpectedly. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.