Level 2 Certificate in Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering - CPD Certified & IAO Accredited
This Level 2 Certificate course has been designed to help you improve your knowledge of food handling. You will discover the legal requirements in order to prepare and serve food in the service industry. You will also find out about HACCP, multiple levels of hazards and their preventive measures, and much more including temperature control and handling basics.
Knowledge and understanding of the basic food hygiene and safety is a legal requirement so as not to contaminate food and be safe at work all the time.
The course provides learners with up-to-date food hygiene information using a range of written text, and video content to ensure learners thoroughly comprehend their food safety responsibilities.
- Food Safety Act & Legislation
- Hazard Analysis And Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- Microbiological Hazards
- Physical, Chemical and Allergenic Hazards
- Operational Standards
- Food Preparation & Temperature Control
- Personal Hygiene
- Food Premises Design and Cleaning Schedules
- Further Information
John Academy: A Great Place to Learn for Everyone, Forever
Expert Authors: We select authors with expertise and experience of training professionals. Our authors are industry experts, academics, authors, face-to-face trainers or online trainers; most often they have a combination of these backgrounds
Engaging Content: Our succinct, bite-sized and business-focussed course materials are designed to deliver the most effective training for you. Each course is made up of modules, manageable learning chunks of text, images, videos and tasks.
Why choose us?
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- All the study materials are available in your student portal including videos tutorials.
- One of the most successful online education platforms in the UK.
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- You will have unlimited access to online learning platform in 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in 12 Months.
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognised accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of applying for NUS Extra Discount Card;
- 24/7 student support.
- Technical supports and live chat service for your inquiries. This is very helpful for international learners.
- Excellent and flexible mentor supports by our team of experienced tutors/trainers via email.
Assessment & Certification:
Once you complete all the lessons/units, you are required to sit an exam which is multiple-choice. The pass mark is 60%. After successfully passing the exam you can obtain your certificate of achievement at an additional cost of £9.
Who is this course for?
All food handlers are required by European Union Regulation laws to go through an orientation training prior to starting a food handling job.
This Level 2 Certificate in Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering course allows readers to learn about the basic food hygiene practices in order to be able to comply with all the legal requirements.
This course is suitable for food handlers in any sector including fast-food outlets, takeaways, food trucks, bars, restaurants, hotels, cafes, hospitals, schools and colleges.
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
Level 2 Certificate in Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering is a useful qualification to possess and would be beneficial for any professions or career from any industry you are in such as:
- Hospitality managers
- Hotel and restaurant service staff
- Professional hygiene and safety officer.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.