Add to basket or enquire
This qualification is designed for learners who wish to progress into job roles within air side ramp services, providing safe airside operations (airports), supporting aircraft operations or handling passengers.
This qualification will:
- Focus on the study of transportation, operations and maintenance
- Offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge
- Provide opportunities to acquire a number of practical and technical skills
NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Aviation Operations on the Ground (Knowledge)
Aims of the course
These are to:
- Provide learners with skills in health, safety, security and communications required to work within an aviation environment
- Develop learners’ skills in specific aviation functions
- Enable learner to contribute to a secure air travel environment
- Understand procedures which minimise threats to security
- Gain knowledge and understanding of the principles of communication within Aviation.
- Enable learners to process passengers for travel, including checking that documents are valid and processing baggage according to laid down procedures
- Understand how to safely and correctly board passengers onto, and escort them from the aircraft
- Understand loading and unloading procedures
- Understand baggage handling procedures and documentation
While completing this qualification, learners may develop the knowledge, understanding and essential skills employers look for in employees. These range from familiar ‘key skills’ such as team working, independent learning and problem-solving, to more tricky-to-measure skills such as:
- An appreciation for appropriate behaviour and dress
- Appropriate interpersonal skills
- Communicating with professional colleagues/peers and/or hierarchical seniors
- Personal manners and deportment
- Understanding work practices and how different roles and departments function within an organisation.
To be awarded the NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Aviation Operations on the Ground (Knowledge), learners are required to successfully complete 3 mandatory units and 1 optional unit
- Health and safety within aviation
- Aviation security
- Aviation communications
Optional Units could include:
- Airport check in services
- Aircraft boarding and arrival services
- Airport baggage processing
- Loading and unloading of aircraft
- Airport baggage facilities
- Aviation passengers with special requirements
- Aircraft load instruction reports
- Aircraft marshalling
- Support flight operations
- Aircraft dispatch process
Who is this course for?
This qualification is suitable for learners aged pre-16 and above. This course is ideal for those who want to progress to employment in the aviation industry.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved an Entry Level 3 qualification.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged pre-16 and above.
This course is ideal for those who want to progress to employment in the aviation industry.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Cabin Crew
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Travel Services
- Level 3 Certificate in Travel Services
- Level 2 and 3 NVQ Diplomas in Travel Services.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.