Romain Designs Ltd
This qualification equips learners with the experience and skills needed to develop a career in childcare in an array of settings. Areas covered in the modules include Understanding child and young person development; supporting children and young people achieve their full academic potential as well as promoting their well-being.
This course comprises of compulsory and optional units. Students are expected to obtain at least 35 credits in order to qualify for this certificate.
he criteria are as follows:
- All eleven units from the Compulsory Group totalling 29 credits
- A minimum of 6 credits from Optional Group
- Introduction to Communication
- Introduction to Personal Development
- Introduction to Equality and Inclusion
- Child and Young Person Development
- Contribute to the Support of Child and Young Person Development
- Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young People
- Contribute to Children and Young People’s Health and Safety
- Support Children and Young People’s Positive Behaviour
- Contribute to the Support of Positive Environments for Children and Young People
Who is this course for?
Learners must either be employed or volunteering in an appropriate role and have the full support of their employer in order to enrol.
For this qualification there are currently no formal entry requirements, however, students will be required to take initial assessments prior to their place on the course is confirmed.
For this course, there are a variety of ways in which students will be assessed which are listed below. Each assessment format assesses your skills and progression throughout the course.
Modes of assessment include:
- Professional discussions
- Witness testimonials
- Candidate work products
When you have achieved your Intermediate qualification and you will be able to progress onto an Advanced (Level 3).
- Career paths include:
- Nursery Assistant
- Crèche Worker
- Playgroup Assistant
- Child Minder
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.