This qualification aims to raise awareness of mental health and a range of mental health problems.
Mental health presents one of the greatest challenges to our society. With an estimated 450 million people worldwide suffering from a mental health problem, around a quarter of British adults will experience some form of mental health problem within the course of a year.
While many elements of mental health are still not understood, having a good knowledge of the information that is available is essential in the care sector.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems, learners are required to successfully complete 13 mandatory units.
- Understanding Mental Health
- Understanding Stress
- Understanding Anxiety
- Understanding Phobias
- Understanding Depression
- Understanding Post-Natal Depression
- Understanding Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Understanding Bipolar Disorder
- Understanding Schizophrenia
- Understanding Dementia
- Understanding Eating Disorders
- Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Understanding Obessive Compulsive Disorder
This qualification is designed for anyone looking to develop their understanding of mental health and the problems that can cause mental ill health.
Who is this course for?
This course is for those looking to gain an awareness of mental health and mental health problems.
- Aged 19 plus
- Lived in the UK/EU for the past 3 years or more
- You will need to be able to provide proof of ID and employment/ benefit claim status
- Living in the Liverpool City Region or non-devolved area
Our funding is available in most areas however the areas it is not available are:
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Greater Manchester
- Greater London
- Tees Valley
- West Midlands
- West of England
The objective of this qualification is to develop the learners understanding of a range of mental-health problems, which could be used to support their role in the workplace, or where they may work or interact with individuals with mental-health problems.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.