Add to basket or enquire
The purpose of this qualification is to provide learners with an understanding and awareness of mental health, common mental health disorders and issues, help reduce stigma and discrimination and encourage people to talk about mental health.
Furthermore, the qualification should provide learners with the ability to apply their knowledge of mental health through recognising and responding to the signs of mental ill health in themselves and others and be able to offer mental health first aid to people experiencing mental ill health.
Qualification consists of:
Unit 1 – Mental Health Awareness
- Defining mental health
- The mental health continuum
- Stigma and discrimination in relation to mental ill health
- Common misconceptions surrounding mental health
- The role of the media in the portrayal of mental health
- Key statistical data in relation to mental health
- Duty of care
- Main signs and symptoms of common mental health disorders and mental health problems
- Common treatments and interventions used to manage mental health and mental ill health
- The main risk factors associated with mental ill health
- Identify credible sources of information, support and guidance
- Credible organisations offering support services
- Appropriate responses that can be made to support someone with mental ill health
Unit 2 – Mental Health First Aid
- The signs of mental ill health
- Initial help to a person experiencing mental ill health
- Appropriate sources of help
- Escalating situations when a person may be at risk of harm to themselves or others
- Promoting good mental health
Who is this course for?
Anyone who is looking to improve their understanding and awareness of mental health, common mental health disorders and issues.
This qualification provides progression onto:
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Alcohol Awareness.
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Smoking Awareness and Cessation.
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Promoting Community Health and Well-being.
This qualification may also provide progression on to qualifications related to careers in mental health, health and social care, counselling, or psychology.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.