Training Express Ltd
Add to basket or enquire
The level 1 food safety in retail course is designed to provide those who are new to the foodservice industry with an in-depth understanding of food safety regulations, procedures and guidelines, in line with The Food Safety Act 1990.
It is a legal obligation that all staff who handle or serve food must understand the risks in food safety and how to minimise them, in order to maintain an excellent standard of hygiene in the workplace at all times. This includes personal hygiene, cleaning procedures, pest control and contamination prevention measures.
Throughout this introductory training course, you will explore the different types of food safety risks, the correct way to prepare, handle and serve food, how to prevent bacteria from spreading and keep work surfaces clean to avoid contamination. This course is ideal for both front of house and back of house employees, including those who handle low-risk or wrapped foods.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the dangers of poor food hygiene and safety standards
- Set a high standard in the workplace, in compliance with The Food Safety Act 1990
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of pest control and contamination prevention procedures
- Keep work surfaces and equipment immaculately clean at all times
- Implement an effective food safety management system in the workplace
- Maintain an excellent standard of personal hygiene in the workplace
Key Features of Level 1 Food Safety – Retail Course:
Our trusted, high quality and affordable online courses are designed to train individuals to become experts in their field.
- Accredited, quality CPD training
- Instant e-certificate and hard copy dispatch by next working day
- Fully online, interactive course with audio voiceover
- Course material developed by qualified professionals
- Self-paced learning accessible via laptop, tablet and smartphone
- 24/7 Learning assistance and tutor support
- Discounts on bulk purchases
Module One: Food Safety Legislation
In module one, we will familiarise with key food safety legislation, including the key principles of The Food Safety Act 1990.
Module Two: Hazards from Delivery to Service
In module two, we will explore the common types of food hazards that can occur in the workplace, from delivery through to service.
Module Three: Risk Control (Prevention of Contamination)
In module three, we will learn some fundamental contamination and prevention risk control measures that every retail professional who prepares or serves food must be trained on.
Module Four: Pests, Premises and People
In module four, we will take a look at pest control procedures, premises maintenance and cleaning procedures and personal hygiene best practice.
All of our courses are fully accredited, providing you with up-to-date skills and knowledge and helping you to become more competent and effective in your chosen field.
Once you’ve successfully completed your course, you will immediately be sent a digital certificate. Also, you can have your printed certificate delivered by post (shipping cost £3.99). Our certifications have no expiry dates, although we do recommend that you renew them every 12 months.
Who is this course for?
This introductory level 1 training course applies to those in the following professions:
- Food caterers who are new to the industry
- Employees handling low-risk or wrapped foods (category A)
- Front of house employees, such as waiting or check out staff
- Back of house employees, such as kitchen porters or warehouse staff
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.