Elite Personnel Training
Add to basket or enquire
Level 1 Food Safety in Catering Online Training Course is designed to develop best food safety and hygiene practices in a catering setting where food is prepared, handled and served. Typical environments include Pubs, hotels, restaurants, Hospitals, Care homes and Schools.
Our one -on-one tutor led e-learning courses are packed with all the information needed to meet all statutory training requirements and remain compliant. Live pictures, animated graphics and the personality of the presenter form part of a very effective virtual learning environment.
Accredited by leading industry sector bodies.
Our training courses cover:
- Health and Safety Training
- Fire Safety Training
- Health and Social Care Training
- Food Safety Training
- Business Skills Training
And with over 65 courses to choose from you are sure to find a course to meet your needs with Elite Personnel Training.
Here at Elite Personnel Training our online level 1 Food Safety training course has been designed to teach those people who don’t work directly with preparing and handling of food but work in an environment where food is prepared or handled. Also if the foods your employees are handling are low risk or foods which are wrapped this course will provide them with the basic knowledge they need.
All employees who work with food and employers have a legal duty to manage Food Safety. There are a number of UK and EU laws that state food handlers must make sure that all food which is prepared, cooked, served or sold is safe for human consumption. If basic Food Safety has failed to have been followed it can cause food to become contaminated and potentially have fatal consequences.
Food safety combines a number of practices to reduce health hazards. These include premises hygiene, personal hygiene, risk control, pest control and waste management. This level 1 course is about minimising the level of potential hazards in a food catering setting.
- Food Safety Legislation
- Hazards from Delivery to Service
- Risk Control (Prevention of Contamination)
- Pests, Premises and People
The Level 1 Food Safety in catering course is accredited by the CPD Certification Service and approved by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (ROSPA).
Duration 50 mins*
*The course duration is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions. Learners full name and valid email address are required to register for this online course, please allow 48 hrs for delivery via email of your login details.
Who is this course for?
- New employees with minimal or no prior food safety knowledge.
- Employees handling low-risk or wrapped foods (category A).
- Front of house employees, such as waiting or check out staff.
- Back of house employees, such as kitchen porters or warehouse staff.
- People wishing to develop knowledge and understanding to enable them work in a food environment.
This course does not required a previous qualification.
- Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
- Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player (latest version)
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.