Level 1 Food Hygiene and Safety
Investing in the restaurant business can be an extremely good idea but it also comes with a huge responsibility as well. You need to have caution and high standards in order to have good healthy food available for your customers. This Level 1 Food Hygiene and Safety course can help you achieve that goal by giving you simple tips that help in improving your restaurants hygiene & safety.
It is an absolute necessity for you have clean premises given that otherwise your restaurant could be shut down by the health service. Through this course, you will be prepped to regulation standards by initially learning about food hygiene and HACCP. You will also discover the physical, chemical and biological hazards faced in the food industry, and their precautionary measures. Next you move onto food safety controls through good health and personal hygiene, food temperature control, prevention of cross contamination and cleaning.
Going through this course is going to help you understand the basics of food hygiene and safety, which can be used as a pedal stone for you to start your own culinary adventure.
Module 01: Introduction to Food Hygiene
- Introduction to Food Hygiene
Module 02: The Hazards
- The Hazards
Module 03: Food Safety Controls
- Food Safety Controls
- 01: Good Health and Personal Hygiene
- 02: Temperature Control
- 03: Cross-contamination
- 04: Cleaning and Disinfection
John Academy: A Great Place to Learn for Everyone, Forever
Expert Authors: We select authors with expertise and experience of training professionals. Our authors are industry experts, academics, authors, face-to-face trainers or online trainers; most often they have a combination of these backgrounds
Engaging Content: Our succinct, bite-sized and business-focussed course materials are designed to deliver the most effective training for you. Each course is made up of modules, manageable learning chunks of text, images, videos and tasks.
Why choose us?
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- All the study materials are available in your student portal including videos tutorials.
- One of the most successful online education platforms in the UK.
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- You will have unlimited access to online learning platform in 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in 12 Months.
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognised accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of applying for NUS Extra Discount Card;
- 24/7 student support.
- Technical supports and live chat service for your inquiries. This is very helpful for international learners.
- Excellent and flexible mentor supports by our team of experienced tutors/trainers via email.
Assessment & Certification:
Once you complete all the lessons/units, you are required to sit an exam which is multiple-choice. The pass mark is 60%. After successfully passing the exam you can obtain your certificate of achievement at an additional cost of £9.
Who is this course for?
- Professionals who want to start a business in the food industry
- People who have an interest in food preparation
- People who want to learn more about hygiene and safety
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
Level 1 Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering is a useful qualification to possess and would be beneficial for any professions or career from any industry you are in such as:
- Hospitality managers
- Hotel and restaurant service staff
- Professional hygiene and safety officer
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.