Training Express Ltd
Add to basket or enquire
We often consider food preparation a daunting task, but food safety and hygiene need to be maintained. After all, we don't want to be responsible for making someone ill, especially after consuming the food we're handling and delivering. The Level 1 Certificate in Food Preparation and Cooking is here to guide you! It covers the principles of food hygiene, potential hazards, and best practices in the workplace.
- Accredited by CPD
- Instant e-certificate
- Fully online, interactive course with audio voiceover
- Self-paced learning and laptop, tablet, smartphone-friendly
- 24/7 Learning Assistance
- Discounts on bulk purchases
- Life Coaching Course
Enrol now in this course to excel!
- Module 01: Introduction to Food Hygiene Legislation and Food-borne Illness
- Module 02: Types of Food Safety Hazards
- Module 03: Hazard Control Measures and Refrigeration
- Module 04: Food Handlers Personal Hygiene
- Module 05: Cleaning and Disinfection
This Level 1 Certificate in Food Preparation and Cooking course is designed for employees who do not directly handle food but work in an environment that deals with food. Each module is developed in line with the professional requirements to address the key elements of food safety and hygiene, including legal obligations, safety precautions, and personal hygiene issues. You will also learn about the techniques of waste management and essential cleaning. And it goes without saying that these skills and knowledge are must-haves in industries like catering and food delivery.
By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of how to ensure and maintain food safety in the establishment you work in. So, why delay? Never compromise the health and wellness of people who trust in your service!
*** Please note that you need a Level 2 Food and Hygiene Safety Certification in addition to this one if your job requires you to handle food. ***
By the end of the Level 1 Certificate in Food Preparation and Cooking course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the UK Food Safety Act
- Maintain the temperature and other factors to prevent contamination
- Identify the various hazards that can occur during any stage of food preparation
- Promote excellent hygiene standards and ensure that cleanliness is practised
- Recognise the significance of waste management and take necessary actions
This course is fully CPD accredited, including this course, providing you with up-to-date skills and knowledge and helping you to become more competent and effective in your chosen field.
Once you’ve successfully completed your course, you will immediately be sent a digital certificate. Also, you can have your printed certificate delivered by post (shipping cost £3.99).
Who is this course for?
This Level 1 Certificate in Food Preparation and Cooking course is ideal for individuals associated with the food sector, such as:
- Food processors,
- Restaurants and cafes
- Shop owners
- Those who work in the food supply chain or relevant organisations
No prior degree or experience is required to enrol in this course.
The knowledge you gain from this course will assist you in taking a step further in your career. You may not become a professional immediately, but completing this Level 1Food Preparation and Cooking certification will give you an excellent start if you’re interested in -
- Catering establishments
- Hospitality industry
- Kitchen operations
- Employment as a trainee
- Commins chef
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Digital certificate - Included
Hard copy certificate
Hard copy certificate - Included
You will get the hard copy certificates for Free! The delivery charge of the hard copy certificate inside the UK is £3.99 each.