Add to basket or enquire
This 60-hour online course provides participants with all the essential knowledge and skills they need to save energy, reduce operational costs and carbon emissions, comply with legislation, and meet their organisation's environmental goals.
The course can be started at any time and can be worked through at the participant’s own pace. Participants are each assigned an expert tutor who will be available to provide support via telephone or email. You will also be able to interact with others on the course through the course forum on the online learning centre.
Level 1 Certificate Energy Management
- Energy Essentials: A guide to energy management - download
- Introduction to energy management: Building an energy management process
- Metering and buying
- Metering monitoring and targeting techniques
- Regulations and standards
- Energy auditing in practice
- Energy auditing: Report writing
- Energy management solutions
- Energy management: Project development
- Mounting an effective staff awareness campaign
- End of course exam
- Independent project: Energy audit & report
On successful completion of the course, students will achieve the Energy Institute's Level 1 'Certificate in Energy Management Essentials' training qualification. They will also be well prepared to move on to the Level 2 course to gain the Energy Institute's Level 2 'Energy Management Professional' training qualification.
This course also meets the prior-knowledge requirement for attending an International register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) certified Energy Management Systems (ISO 50001) Auditor/Lead Auditor Training course.
Who is this course for?
- Those looking to begin a career in energy management or those who have recently taken up a role with energy management responsibilities
- Those looking to conduct internal energy audits for ESOS (with guidance and sign-off from a qualified ESOS Lead Assessor)
- Those who would like to refresh their knowledge before pursuing an EI upper-level training course
- Those coming from a wide range of fields including procurement, facilities management, finance, CSR and sustainability, who want to gain a better understanding of the field of energy management
- This course is suitable for those with little or no knowledge or experience of energy management
- GCSE English and Maths or equivalent, plus some experience using Microsoft Excel is required
- Pre-reading: Energy Essentials: A Guide to Energy Management
This introductory qualification will provide you with a comprehensive, practical overview of the fundamentals of energy management, setting you on the path to becoming a Chartered Energy Manager.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.