Add to basket or enquire
Scottish Gaelic, also referred to as Gaelic, is a language that is steeped in history from the depths of the Scottish Highlands and Western Isles. There are over 87,000 people who speak this language and it is currently classed an indigenous language under the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages.
Gaelic is the founding language of Scotland and there has recently been a revival as part of the preservation of the Scottish heritage, which will maintain the status of Scottish culture including the kilt, tartan, bagpipes and whisky.
This package will teach you this traditional language to an advanced level, and learn handy business language to improve your job opportunities or existing company’s prospects in Scotland, which is one of the world leaders in manufacturing.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Scottish Gaelic Level 1
- Identify the alphabet and the sounds in Irish
- Introduce yourself and others
- Talk about colours
- Use numbers 1-20
- Use the days of the week
- Use simply greetings
- Talk about professions
- Talk about countries and where you live
- Tell the time
- Give your phone number and contact details
- Talk about food and drinks
Scottish Gaelic Level 2
- Make basic conversation and greetings
- Tell the time
- Talk about clothes and shopping
- Order at the café
- Talk about the house
- Use phrases for travel and at the beach
- Make simple requests, recommendations and apologies
- Talk about what is happening
- Describe problems
Scottish Gaelic Level 3
- Ask for locations or places using “where?”
- Recognise parts of the body
- Ask politely using “could”
- Learn how to order food and drinks at a restaurant
- Learn how to ask for information in a hotel
- Able to express yourself in the future tense
Scottish Gaelic Business
- Talk about yourself and your company
- Arrange and attend business meetings
- Talk on the phone and leave messages
- Describe your product
- Use phrases to help with negotiations and sales
- Discuss agreements and contracts
- Talk about banking and accounting
- Use key phrases for business and travel
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Mapped to international CEFR levels and ACTFL standards
- Speak the historical language of the Highlands
- Speak the cultural language of one of the world’s leading countries in manufacturing
- Implement your knowledge as you make your way through the course
- Examples in sound, so you can practice your pronunciation until it’s perfect
Course completion certificate included.
Free technical support available 7am-7pm GMT via email, telephone or online chat.
This course is compatible with Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Learn anytime, anywhere!
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.