Add to basket or enquire
Get up to speed with the Russian Business etiquette and hospitality with our exclusive Russian language bundle. This programme will help you reach your language learning objectives effectively.
A little bit about Russian language…
Russian is derived from the Old East Slavic, and as such, shares strong similarities with Belorussian and Ukrainian.
With the adoption of Christianity, a new alphabet was developed – the Cyrillic alphabet. Russian was standardised during the 18th century, and then simplified after the Russian Revolution of 1917.
Over 300 million people worldwide speak Russian and it is one of the five official languages of the United Nations, making it a truly global language.
Interesting facts about Russia
Russia is a land rich in literature, philosophy, classical music, ballet, architecture and technology. Located in Eurasia (the combined continental landmass of Europe and Asia), it is one of the most popular countries in the world. The official language is Russian but there are 27 other languages co-official in various regions throughout the country.
The Trans-Siberian Railway spans almost all the way across the country, making it the single longest railway in the world? The 9200km(5700 miles) railway departs in Moscow and crosses into Asia.
Russian and Business
Trade between the business world and Russia is on the rise, especially in construction, industry and information technology and despite the recent wobble with the rouble, Russians are Europe’s fastest growing outbound travel group, reaching 31.5 million trips in 2013.
When it comes to building business relationships, Russians can be very wary. It is favourable to establish relationships based on personal levels and through a social circle. Make sure you have what it takes to woo your Russian customers.
Hospitality means a lot to Russians!
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This programme will help you reach your language learning goals at every level and supply you with all the essential linguistic tools to speak Russian in both personal and professional aspects of your life.
Russian Level 1
- Identify the alphabet and the sounds in Russian
- Introduce yourself and others
- Talk about colours
- Use numbers 1-20
- Use the days of the week
- Use simple greetings
- Talk about professions
- Talk about countries and where you live
- Exchange your phone number and contact details
- Talk about food and drinks
- Make basic conversation and greetings
- Tell the time
- Talk about clothes and shopping
- Order at the café
- Talk about the house
- Use phrases for travel and at the beach
- Make simple requests, recommendations and apologies
- Talk about what is happening
- Describe problems
Russian Level 2
- Talk about yourself and your company
- Arrange and attend business meetings
- Talk on the phone and leave messages
- Describe your product
- Use phrases to help with negotiation and sales
- Discuss agreements and contracts
- Talk about banking and accounting
- Use key phrases for business travel
Russian Level 3
- Greet and welcome your hotel guests in Russian
- Introduce yourself and others
- Use simple phrases for check in and check out
- Ask for phone number and contact details
- Talk about countries and where guests are from
- Understand simple requests e.g. taxi, please
- Use numbers 1-20 and colours
- Talk about directions and locations
- Talk about hiring a car
- Simple recommendations
- Tell the time
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSES
- As the world becomes more global the demand for professionals who can communicate in multiple languages is growing, this skill set will set you apart from the competition.
- Being able to speak a foreign language, and having experience with different cultures, will put you in a better place for promotions, and higher-level positions.
- Knowing more than one language opens up your vacation destination possibilities. Traveling to a foreign country becomes much easier if you can speak the language of that country.
- Confidence increases when a new skill is mastered, and learning a foreign language is no different. It increases your self-confidence.
- Whatever your age, the health benefits of learning a foreign language make it a reliable way to upgrade your life, and future-proof your brain for old age
System requirement Processor 1 gigahertz (GHz) RAM 1 GB Operating Systems Windows 7
iOS Browsers Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above
Mozilla Firefox Compatibility Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.