Add to basket or enquire
The Netherlands (known informally as Holland) is a country with a population of 17 million people. Their native language of Dutch is spoken by more than 23 million native speakers, and branches into many more countries including Belgium and as far across the world as Suriname in South America. Afrikaans is also heavily influenced by Dutch, with around 95% of Afrikaans vocabulary finding its origins in the Dutch language. Afrikaans also has between 15 to 23 million speakers.
This package will teach you the language of the pragmatic Dutch nation who prefer a direct style of communication, while favouring modesty. You will learn to an advanced level, and gain handy business language to improve your job opportunities in the Netherlands or existing company’s prospects in a country whose GDP makes it one of the richest nations in the world.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Dutch Level 1
- Identify the alphabet and the sounds in Dutch
- Introduce yourself and others
- Use numbers 1-20
- Use the days of the week
- Use simple greetings
- Talk about professions
- Talk about countries and where you live
- Tell the time
- Give your phone number and contact details
- Talk about food and drinks
Dutch Level 2
- Make basic conversation and greetings
- Tell the time
- Talk about clothes and shopping
- Talk about the house
- Use phrases for travel and at the beach
- Make simple requests, recommendations and apologies
- Talk about what is happening
- Describe problems
Dutch Level 3
- Ask for locations or places using “where?”
- Recognise parts of the body
- Ask politely using “could”
- Learn how to order food and drinks at a restaurant
- Learn how to ask for information in a hotel
- Able to express yourself in the future tense
- Talk about yourself and your company
- Arrange and attend business meetings
- Talk on the phone and leave messages
- Describe your product
- Use phrases to help with negotiations and sales
- Discuss agreements and contracts
- Talk about banking and accounting
- Use key phrases for business and travel
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Mapped to international CEFR levels and ACTFL standards.
- Implement your knowledge as you make your way through the course.
- Examples in sound, so you can practice your pronunciation until it’s perfect.
- Speak the language of one of the world’s richest nations.
- Improve work and business opportunities in Dutch speaking countries.
Course completion certificate included.
Free technical support available 7am-7pm GMT via email, telephone and online chat.
This course is compatible with Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Learn anytime, anywhere!
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.