Add to basket or enquire
Current legislation set out by the Health and Safety at Work Act along with the HSE’s updated code of practice known as L8, state that companies and building owners have a legal duty to manage Legionella.
Our Legionella & Legionnaires Awareness Course interactive training course is aimed at all employers and staff to assist them in identifying the danger that Legionella poses, as well as covering ways to identify and assess sources of risk from Legionella on the premises.
It also gives you enough knowledge to get a Legionella control programme off the ground yourself – or make confident, informed choices when commissioning others to take this on for you.
Lack of training and awareness of Legionella have been shown to be factors in many outbreaks of legionella. Having adequate training and carrying out appropriate checks can ensure water system safety.
Online training is flexible, efficient and cost effective meaning the candidate can progress through the modules at their own pace and in their own time, so they can fit the training in around their work and personal life.
Learning outcomes of the Legionella & Legionnaires Awareness Course
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of what legionella is and how legionella bacteria is transmitted
- Understand the HSE regulations for controlling the risk of exposure to legionella
- Know how to conduct a legionella risk assessment and monitor water systems
- Learn the measures for controlling legionella in evaporative cooling systems
- Be able to identify the risk areas where legionella is most likely to be found
- Meet the training requirements set in place by UK safety regulations
- Understand the legal requirements for the duty holder and responsible person
Highlights of Legionella & Legionnaires Awareness Course
- Universally recognised and accepted by employer
- Complete video training delivered by professionals
- Instantly downloadable FREE certificate
- Tutor and technical support
- Fully online, self-paced learning accessible via laptop, tablet and smartphone.
This course is designed with the following modules:
- What is Legionella
- Legal Responsibilities
- Hazardous Environments
- Legionella Risk Assessment
- Controlling The Risks
You will be able to instantly download and print your certificate as soon as you successfully complete the course. You can also receive printed certificate by post at a cost of £15
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily aimed at building and facilities managers and maintenance professionals that have nominated responsibilities for water systems.
The course is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
On successful completion, you will receive a certificate of achievement as proof of your expertise and knowledge, which is ideal for those in the following professions:
- Legionella Risk Assessor
- Legionella Consultant
The average annual salary in the UK for these career opportunities is £28,000-£32,000.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.