Legal Secretary Diploma
The legal system is very complicated in itself for any given country. A common stereotype is that a lawyer or solicitor often goes mad during law school given the amount of information they have to remember. This is why they need the extra help in their management department, in the shape of a legal secretary. Using this Legal Secretary Diploma course you can now develop your skills in the highly demanding law industry.
Like all good materials, this course starts out by giving you a brief introduction into the world of a legal secretary and what they do. Following that you find out the different skills needed for a legal secretary including basic computer knowledge, teamwork and attention to detail. You will also learn about general duties of a legal secretary and how the day to day operation commences. This course will further teach you about managing meetings, keeping records with a different filing system, developing research skills, managing transcription for judges and provide tips on writing and proofreading. Furthermore, you will understand the basic understanding of how legal system works in the UK, the courts of UK including Scotland and Northern Ireland, and observe daily tasks from someone who has been there done that.
Overall this is a great course for you to make certain you make it as a legal secretary.
- Introduction to Legal Secretary
- Role of Legal Secretaries
- General Duties and Day-to-Day Operations of a Legal Secretary
- Record Keeping
- Legal Writing Skills & Proofreading
- Research Skills You Need to Know
- Transcription, Editing & Correspondence to Judges
- Legal System of UK
- UK Court System
Meeting Management & Minute Taking
- Meeting Management
- The Role of a Minute-Taker
- The Skills of a Minute-Taker
- Meeting Agreements
- Minute Styles
- What Do I Record?
- Techniques for Preparing Minutes
- Taking Minutes in an Interactive Meeting
- The Minute Book
- What to include/what to ignore
- Motions and Resolutions
- Method of recording minutes
- Reasons for Meeting
- What is a decision?
- Minute Taking tips
Other Secretarial Roles and Responsibilities
- Working with Your Manager
- Administrative Soft Skills
- Effective Time Management
- Tools of the Trade
- Being an Effective Gatekeeper
- Organizational Skills
- Confidentiality Guidelines
- Special Tasks
Customer Service Role
- Introduction To Customer Service
- The Power of Positive Thinking in Customer Service
- Types of Difficult Customers and How to Help them
- How to Deal with Difficult Customers
- Aspects of Phone Etiquette
- Using Proper Phone Language
- Eliminate Phone Distractions
- Inbound Calls
- Outbound Calls
- Handling Rude or Angry Callers
- Handling Interoffice Calls
- Methods of Training Employees
- Correcting Poor Telephone Etiquette
Organizing Work Using MS Word
- Working with the Interface
- Your First Document
- Basic Editing Tasks
- Basic Formatting Tasks
- Formatting Paragraphs
- Advanced Formatting Tasks
- Working with Styles
- Formatting the Page
- Sharing Your Document
- Introduction to Proofreading
- What does a Proofreader do?
- Proofreading Symbols
- Proofreading on Paper & Screen
- Strategies to Check for Specific Errors
- Editing & Proofreading Strategies
- Proofreading an Essay
John Academy: A Great Place to Learn for Everyone, Forever
Expert Authors: We select authors with expertise and experience of training professionals. Our authors are industry experts, academics, authors, face-to-face trainers or online trainers; most often they have a combination of these backgrounds
Engaging Content: Our succinct, bite-sized and business-focussed course materials are designed to deliver the most effective training for you. Each course is made up of modules, manageable learning chunks of text, images, videos and tasks.
Why choose us?
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- All the study materials are available in your student portal including videos tutorials.
- One of the most successful online education platforms in the UK.
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- You will have unlimited access to online learning platform in 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in 12 Months.
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognised accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of applying for NUS Extra Discount Card;
- 24/7 student support.
- Technical supports and live chat service for your inquiries. This is very helpful for international learners.
- Excellent and flexible mentor supports by our team of experienced tutors/trainers via email.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- In addition to the course price there is an additional charge for certificate. After you have successfully passed the final exam, you will be able to order an Accredited Certificate of Achievement at the following price:
- Hard Copy by post - £39.00
- Soft Copy PDF via email - £24.00
Who is this course for?
- People interested in working for law firms or courts
- Professionals interested in pursuing a job in the legal industry
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
Legal Secretary Diploma course is a useful qualification to possess and would be beneficial for any related profession or industry such as:
- Legal Secretary
- Law firm assistant
- Personal Assistant to Lawyers
- Assistant to Judges
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.