Learn how to succeed in the profession of the legal sector with the Legal Secretary Diploma Level 3 course.
Legal Secretaries and PAs are in great demand as it is difficult for any organization to run their business without a legal secretary. The course is the best choice for the people who want work in the legal sector. Throughout the course, you will how to work in the legal sector, essential skills for managing legal issues and how to handle legal issues.
If you want to work in the legal sector, it does not necessary that you need to be a lawyer, a top level attorney or a paralegal. You just need a clear understanding of the legal issues. A legal secretary can provide support to attorneys and assist them daily to help them manage their caseload and achieve success. The course will meet all the necessary information you need to know about becoming a legal secretary.
The course will enrich your knowledge and make you skilled in working in the legal sector. The course is divided into various modules where each module discusses an essential area of legal concepts. The course is broken down so that you can easily learn.
Key features of the course:
- Lifetime access to the course
- No hidden fees, only pay the price of the course which includes exam fees.
- Recognised qualification upon successful completion of the course
- Study from anywhere, anytime, whenever it is convenient for you.
- Affordable and engaging e-learning study materials
- Study at your own pace from tablet, PC or smartphone
- Online tutor support when you are in need.
What Will You Learn?:
The course is brimming with all the essential information for the legal sector. Some of the major concepts you will learn in the course are given below:
- Gain essential knowledge, information, advice, and techniques for securing your role as a legal secretary
- Understand the role of a legal secretary and their duties and regulations
- Know the basic legal proofreading and writing skills for performing your duties efficiently.
- Know about the various court systems and structures.
- Realise what legal aid is, who is eligible and how this applies to you.
- Know how to implement Client Confidentiality in Law Firms
- Gain a solid understanding of the English Legal System, history of English Legal System so that you can able to work efficiently in the UK
- Understand civil litigation and how it works.
- The concepts of Legal aid, Civil Litigation, Land and Conveyancing Practice, Wills and Probate Law, and more
- Types of criminal law and how to deal with it
- Company and business, licensing, the system of appeals, justice, and Skeleton Arguments
- The essential skills for succeeding as a legal secretary such as the skills of dictation, transcription, understanding audio skills to ensure productivity, etc. will be covered in the course.
- Know how to find legal secretary positions, where to look and how to face and secure an interview.
- What is a legal secretary?
- Operations and responsibilites
- Daily duties as a legal secretary
- Keeping effective records
- Proofreading, copyediting and legal writing
- Essential research techniques
- Preparing correspondence for judges
- The British Legal System
- Understanding UK courts
Meeting Management & Minute Taking
- Keeping effective records
- What a minute taker does
- Key skills of minute taking
- Creating meeting guidelines
- Different styles of minute taking
- Recording with OneNote 2007
- Preparing your minutes
- How to take minutes in an interactive meeting
- Maintaing a tidy minute book
- What to include/what to ignore
- Motions and Resolutions
- How to record minutes
- The purpose of a meeting
- Identifying a decision
- Minute taking skills
Other Secretarial Roles and Responsibilities
- The basics of being a legal secretary
- Working on your admin skills
- How to manage your time
- Key skills
- Gatekeeping skills for legal secretaries
- Prioritising your workload
- Keeping data secure
- Other administrative tasks
Customer Service Role
- Introduction To Customer Service
- The Power of Positive Thinking in Customer Service
- Types of Difficult Customers and How to Help them
- How to Deal with Difficult Customers
- Good phone etiquette
- Getting rid of distractions
- Taking inbound calls
- Effectively making outbound calls
- How to deal with angry callers
- Dealing with interoffice communication
- Strategies for phone training
- Fixing your phone manner
Organizing Work Using MS Word
- Starting the program
- Finding your way around Word
- Creating a file
- Editing a document
- Formatting your text
- Inserting paragraphs
- Changing fonts and headings
- Customising the style of your document
- Designing the page
- Exporting your document
- Getting started
- The duties of a proofreader
- Basics of proofreading
- Understanding proofreading symbols
- The difference between printed and electronic text
- Identifying common errors
- Techniques of proofreading
- Academic proofreading
Assessment and Certification
The course is assessed online with a multiple-choice test, which is marked automatically. You will know instantly whether you have passed or not. Those who pass this test will have the qualification of Legal Secretary Diploma Level 3. Certificate will be produced in PDF format at an additional cost and sent by email.
Who is this course for?
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.