Working in the legal sector doesn't require you are a lawyer, a top level attorney or a paralegal. You can make a difference by being a member of the important support team. Legal secretaries are organised, they provide essential support to attorneys and assist them daily to help them manage their case load and achieve success. This can be a very rewarding career and if you are looking for a position that is exciting, fast paced and challenging, then this may be the right choice for you.
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices / browsers
Introduction to Legal Secretary Diploma
The legal secretary diploma is a set in the direction of securing the career you are looking for. Fifteen hours of study will give you the tools, skills and knowledge needed to apply and be chosen for a position of this nature in a legal firm anywhere in the United Kingdom, possibly the world.
This diploma is studied online at your own pace. The information packed course is broken down into easy to manage and learn modules, which can be studies using any device linked to the internet. What is even better is you have lifetime access to the modules should you ever want to refresh your knowledge during your career.
On successful completion and passing of the course you will be awarded an industry recognized certificate. Any potential employers can verify your certificate on our website for confirmation and peace of mind.
What you will learn
The legal secretary diploma is designed to provide you with essential information, advice and techniques you can learn to ensure you can be productive in this role within any legal firm. The course is brimming with information to ensure you get an all-round learning experience. Some of the things you can expect to learn when taking the legal secretary diploma online include:
- Learn more about the legal secretary role. What you will be expected to do, general duties and operations.
- Get an understanding on the basic legal proofreading and writing skills you will need to be effective in this role.
- Understand the importance of client confidentiality.
- Get a firm understanding regarding the English legal system. This will prove beneficial when working in a fast paced legal firm anywhere in the country.
- Learn about the various court systems and structures.
- Understand what legal aid is, who is eligible and how this applies to you.
- Learn more about civil litigation and how it works.
- Improve your typing skills along with audio skills to ensure productivity on a daily basis in a legal secretary role.
- Get a firm understanding on will and probate law, enabling you to be more involved and provide your team with the best possible support each day.
- Make use of the tips on how to find legal secretary positions, where to look and how to secure an interview.
There are so many benefits to completing this course if you have a passion to work in the legal sector as a legal secretary. Some of the benefits you can expect to enjoy include:
- Fast track your career.
- Gain the skills you need to secure your dream job.
- Take advantage of a comprehensive syllabus which is broken into easy to learn and manage modules.
- Enjoy information packed modules which are easy to learn and understand.
- Study at your own pace online.
- The full course is online, enabling you to study at any time of the day or night.
- Work full time while you complete your studies and gain your diploma.
- Secure an industry recognized certification.
- Enjoy the fact your certificate is one hundred percent verifiable.
- No entry requirements
- Lifetime access to modules to refresh your knowledge at any time.
- Online support throughout your study experience
- Affordable price
- Study using any device – computer, laptop, tablet or phone. Study on your way to work or on your way home as long as you have access to the internet.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 17 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: General Duties and Day-to-Day Operations of a Legal Secretary
- Module 2: Legal Writing and Proofreading Skills
- Module 3: Client Confidentiality in Law Firms
- Module 4: The English Legal System
- Module 5: Court Systems and Structures
- Module 6: Legal Aid
- Module 7: Civil Litigation
- Module 8: Land and Conveyancing Practice
- Module 9: Wills and Probate Law Practice
- Module 10: Family Law
- Module 11: Criminal Law
- Module 12: Company and Business Law
- Module 13: Licensing
- Module 14: Appeals, Judicial Review and Case Stated
- Module 15: Skills for Success
- Module 16: Finding Employment as a Legal Secretary
- Module 17: Glossary of Legal Terms
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
How many time? Can you book transcript for lesson ?Donlown lesson and printed?
The course is all online. You can go through it as many times as you like. You get lifetime access.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is there an additional fee for the certificate or is it included in the price?
The certificate is free of charge as a digital download (PDF File). It will be available after completion of the course and passing the included test. The online test and certificate are included in the price. The digital certificate allows for emailing etc of the document to employers, and is obviously printable by yourself. It can also be verified online by an employer.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Would a diploma be the best course to go for or is a CPD better? Also, is this course recognized by employers?
This diploma is level 3 CPD certified under CPDUK. 'Recognised by employers' is a hard one to answer, as there are no official certifications/accreditations in this area, but they should certainly recognise the CPD level 3 notation.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
hi, is this diploma equivalent to anything? and if so, what? and also, can you use it as an entry requirement to another course?
The course comes with a certificate of completion, and a final test, but there are no official exams/certifications in this area. NOTE: This diploma is level 3 CPD certified under CPDUK.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Any qualifications required for this course?
No there are no pre-requistes for taking this course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.