The course is structured in to 7 modules with expertly designed online study materials, video lessons so you learn everything you need to know to succeed.
Prepare for a career in legal firms and other sectors of the law industry with this professional, online course. You will develop an understanding of the specific duties and responsibilities of a legal secretary, as well as transferable office administration skills that would be applicable to a range of PA, secretary and receptionist roles, through electronic learning materials including videos, handouts and mock exams.
Legal secretary work requires industry-specific knowledge of the practice of law, the day-to-day operations of a solicitor, as well as essential communication and business administration skills.including legal writing skills, record keeping, transcription, proofreading, recording and preparing minutes, as well as administrative soft skills, telephone etiquette, and a full comprehension of Microsoft Word. The course is taught through our online learning platform, with materials designed and delivered by industry experts.
More key features of the course:
- Free e-certificate upon successful completion.
- Unlimited access to the course for 12 months
- Study in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams
- Improve your chance of gaining professional skills and better earning potential.
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
************************** Course Modules **************************
- Introduction to Legal Secretary
- Role of Legal Secretaries
- General Duties and Day-to-Day Operations of a Legal Secretary
- Record Keeping
- Legal Writing Skills & Proofreading
- Research Skills You Need to Know
- Transcription, Editing & Correspondence to Judges
- Legal System of UK
- UK Court System
Meeting Management & Minute Taking
- Meeting Management
- The Role of a Minute-Taker
- The Skills of a Minute-Taker
- Meeting Agreements
- Minute Styles
- What Do I Record?
- Techniques for Preparing Minutes
- Taking Minutes in an Interactive Meeting
- The Minute Book
- What to include/what to ignore
- Motions and Resolutions
- Method of recording minutes
- Reasons for Meeting
- What is a decision?
- Minute Taking tips
Other Secretarial Roles and Responsibilities
- Working with Your Manager
- Administrative Soft Skills
- Effective Time Management
- Tools of the Trade
- Being an Effective Gatekeeper
- Organizational Skills
- Confidentiality Guidelines
- Special Tasks
Customer Service Role
- Introduction To Customer Service
- The Power of Positive Thinking in Customer Service
- Types of Difficult Customers and How to Help them
- How to Deal with Difficult Customers
- Aspects of Phone Etiquette
- Using Proper Phone Language
- Eliminate Phone Distractions
- Inbound Calls
- Outbound Calls
- Handling Rude or Angry Callers
- Handling Interoffice Calls
- Methods of Training Employees
- Correcting Poor Telephone Etiquette
Organizing Work Using MS Word
- Working with the Interface
- Your First Document
- Basic Editing Tasks
- Basic Formatting Tasks
- Formatting Paragraphs
- Advanced Formatting Tasks
- Working with Styles
- Formatting the Page
- Sharing Your Document
- Introduction to Proofreading
- What does a Proofreader do?
- Proofreading Symbols
- Proofreading on Paper & Screen
- Strategies to Check for Specific Errors
- Editing & Proofreading Strategies
- Proofreading an Essay
Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to obtain your course completion e-certificate free of cost. Print copy by post is also available at an additional cost.
Who is this course for?
Legal Secretary Diploma is suitable for anyone who want to gain extensive knowledge, potential experience and professional skills in the related field. This is a great opportunity for all student from any academic backgrounds to learn more on this subject.
There is no specific requirements for our Legal Secretary Diploma. It is compatible and accessible from any device including Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Tablets etc. The course requires moderate Internet connection so it is possible to start learning with any type of Internet from anywhere at anytime without any limitations.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.