Legal secretaries provide a high level of administrative support for lawyers and legal executives. This course helps you with the day-to-day tasks involved in running a legal service or law firms. If you are interested in law and want to develop administrative skills in the legal sector, this course is be ideal for you.
You will learn written and communication skills, and be able to work in a busy office also working to deadlines. To become a legal secretary, you will need good knowledge in education with general skills in literacy and numeracy. You will also need word processing skills and some experience in office work.
Our online programme is well designed that you feel same as you are in the classroom. This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in 365 days (12 months). Effective support service, and study materials including step by step guided tutorial videos build your confidence to study well and guide you to secure your qualification.
Why You Should Choose Study 365
- 12 months Access to your course.
- The price shown on Reed is for the whole course, including the final exam and free e-certificate.
- CPD and iAP accredited certificate upon successful completion
- Tutor Support available Monday – Friday
This online Legal Secretary Training course has been designed for 25 guided learning hours. Following course outline will provide you the idea about main topics areas are covered in this training course. The numbers of sub topics are covered under following each main topic:
Course Content (Course Outline):
Unit 01: Understanding the Legal Systems
- English Legal System
- Difference between civil law and criminal law UK
- Court system and structure in UK
- How laws are made
Unit 02: Developing General Secretarial Skills
- Answering telephone calls in a professional manner
- Dealing with enquiries from clients via email, fax and letter
- Using a diary management system and making appointments
- Keeping records of costs and controlling petty cash
- Delivering and collecting documents
- Keeping Records and Filing
Unit 03: Developing Legal Secretarial Skills
- Production of letters and legal documents such as wills, contracts and court papers
- Working from notes and digital dictation
- Preparing court forms and statements
- Importance of proof reading
- Dealing with fee processes
- Attending court or police cells with solicitors
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Successful candidates will be awarded “Certificate for Legal Secretary Training”.
Why Choose Us?
- Our courses represent outstanding value for money
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Each course is designed by industry experts, using an innovative interactive learning approach.
- Includes step-by-step guided videos tutorials.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- 24/7 Access to the Online Learning Portal.
- Anytime & Anywhere Learning.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Access Course Content on Mobile, Tablet or Desktop.
- Study in a user friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Who is this course for?
- The Certificate in Legal Secretary training course is for anyone interested in a career in a legal or business environment.
- The Certificate in Legal Secretary training qualifications is for administrators wanting to develop a career in the legal sector.
- This qualification will help you build on your administration skills to prepare you for a job in a legal or business environment.
- Expect a good standard of literacy, ICT and you may have an advantage with a GCSE (A-C) in English, or a similar level of qualification.
- There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds
- Learners should be ages 17 or over to undertake the qualification.
- If you have some basic knowledge of office administration will be an advantage for study, but you don't need any previous qualifications or a current work placement.
Starting salaries can be between £18,000 and £22,000 a year, depending on your location.
With experience, this can rise to between £22,000 and £33,000.
Highly-qualified legal secretaries can earn between £35,000 and £40,000 or more a year.
With experience you could progress to senior legal secretary, PA or office manager in larger firms.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
I have already bought this course. Will it be a full qualification once completed?
Dear Laura , Yes ,Successful candidates will be awarded “CPD accredited Certificate for Legal Secretary Training”. Best Regards, Student Support teamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I want to do a legal secretary course but have no law qualification, and no background in law. Will this be okay for myself?
Dear Emma, No. There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds. Learners should be ages 17 or over to undertake the qualification.If you have some basic knowledge of office administration will be an advantage for study, but you don't need any previous qualifications or a current work placement. Best Regards, Student Support team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Please can you let me know how can I enroll for this course to avail the discount.
Hi Minerva, Thank you for your question, this however is something that reed.co.uk will need to investigate. Your question has been forwarded to the reed.co.uk customer service team. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Do you just get one chance at the final exam or, if you fail, have the chance to retake?
Dear Becky, Yes, This CPD accredited Legal Secretary Course provide three mock exams and one final exam. You have a importunity to retake your exam by paying small amount as exam retake fee. Successful candidates will be awarded “CPD accredited Certificate for Legal Secretary Training”. Best Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I’m currently doing a law degree, however, I want to go down the legal secretary route but I don’t have admin experience. Is this still right for me?
Dear Lauren, Yes . This CPD accredited legal secretary course provide a high level of administrative support for lawyers and legal executives focus on following topics. 1.Understanding the Legal Systems 2.Developing General Secretarial Skills 3.Developing Legal Secretarial Skills Best Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Sally Eldred asked:
Can I do the exam when I feel ready I’m not sure if I can do the course I’ve not done any education for a long timeand working full time and family
Dear Eldred, Yes. This CPD accredited Legal Secretary Course allows 365 days to complete your course work and finish your final exams. We provides mentor support for completing your course and for being qualified. Best Regards, Student support team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Can I still do this course, or any other, if I'm not in the UK?
Dear Sandra, Greetings from study365! Yes. You can complete this course while living in any part of the world. And you can be qualified accredited certificate holder within short period of time. Best Regard, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.