Add to basket or enquire
To gain an overview of the Criminal Litigation and Criminal Law system. This is ideal knowledge building for a Legal Secretary, Legal Administrator or anyone looking to gain a beginner / intermediate level overview of the Criminal Legal system and terms.
This is a very popular unit and devoted exclusively to Criminal Litigation. It allows students to examine critically, and practically, the key subjects that underpin the criminal justice system in England and Wales.
- An introduction to criminal law – setting the scene
- Trial on Indictment
- Summary Trial
- Magistrates Court
- Crown Court
- The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS)
- Classes of offence
- Individual offences
- Office and legal conduct
- Preliminaries to court appearances
- Procedures and codes of practice
- Commencing a Prosecution
- The Two Basic Methods; Arrest, investigation and charge
- Prosecutors & Legal Personnel
- The Police; The Crown Prosecution Service
- The Law Officers; Barristers / Counsel; Solicitors
- The decision to prosecute
- Methods of commencing a prosecution
- Alternatives to prosecution
- Decision and consideration
- The wheel and oil of the Criminal Justice System
- The Criminal Court Structure and the European Dimension;
- Youth Courts
- Jurisdiction of the Courts
- Bail and Remands
- Mode of Trial
- The Course of the Trial
- Essentials of application & procedure
Assessment and Certification
- If you would like to be tested at the end, you can organise an assessment and Certification for a £50 admin fee.
It considers important topics in the fields of criminal procedure and sentencing, which has been the focus of public attention in recent years, which has in turn generated a welter of legislative activity; the unit presents the current position with a view to future changes in the pipeline.
Who is this course for?
This Course is suitable for paralegals, legal secretaries, legal administration and people outside of law with an interest in the area.
Upon successful completion students will have gained substantial understanding of the fundamentals of criminal litigation; together with enhanced practical skills needed to work within this fast-paced and changing area. This Course is suitable for paralegals, legal secretaries, legal administration and people outside of law with an interest in the area.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Where does the exam take place and is the exam mandatory?
The exam would be at our centre at 32 Ludgate Hill, LONDON, EC4M 7DR; the exam is not mandatory we can issue a CPD certificate of attendanceThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How long does the course take to complete please?
Hi there; guided learning hours are 110; most people spread this out over one month.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Can someone who has a disability and no GCSE only level 1 business
The course you have selected is quite specialised and probably is better for someone who is a legal secretary already. If you are not already a legal secretary and you have little or no training or experience you should consider a basic skills secretarial course like those we also offer at Souters.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.