Develop your understanding of the legal system and gain valuable skills in office administration with this engaging online qualification. The Legal Secretary Certification Course covers the core competencies and expertise required to work in law practices in an administrative capacity, with lessons taught by industry experts breaking this knowledge down into accessible, easy-to-understand videos. Your learning is augmented further with online study materials.
This exquisite course is suitable for anyone interested in working in this sector or who simply wants to learn more about the topic. If you’re an individual looking to excel within this field then Legal Secretary Certification Course is for you.
We’ve taken this comprehensive course and broken it down into several manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the course. It really is a sure pathway to success.
Benefits of studying Legal Secretary Certification Course:
- 24/7 access to the course for 12 months
- No hidden fees or exam charges
- CPD endorsed certification on successful completion
- Full Tutor support on weekdays (Monday – Friday)
- Efficient exam system, assessment and instant results
- Improve your chance of gaining professional skills and better earning potential.
The Legal Secretary Certification Course gives you an understanding of administrative roles in the law profession, and covers the fundamentals of the legal system. It also covers the specific procedures you need to know as a professional legal secretary, with video demonstrations of bail hearings and jury decisions, and provides a complete overview of common terminology used within the industry.
This course is designed with the following modules:
Legal Secretary Introduction
- Legal Secretary Introduction
Courts, Crime, and Controversy
- The Courts and the Criminal Justice System
- Actors in the Courthouse
- Criminal vs Civil Court Cases
- Demo 1 – Sample Entry of Appearance
- Demo 2 – Sample Plea Agreement
- Law on the Books and in Action
Law and Crime
- The Basis of American Law
- Demo 1 – Reading Legal Citations
- Sources of American Law
- Civil Disputes and Criminal Law
- State Courts
- Demo 1 – Sample Search Warrant
Arrest to Arraignment
- Crime and Arrest
- Demo 1 – Bail Bond Agreement
- Preliminary Hearing, Grand Jury, and Arraignment
Trials and Juries
- History of Trials by Jury
- Demo 1 – Voir Dire
- Overview of Basic Evidence
- Steps In The Trial Process
- Nature of the Appellate Process
- Demo 1 – Notice of Appeal
- Demo 2 – Sample Double Jeopardy Motion
- Legal Terminology
- Demo 1 – The Online Legal Dictionary
- Demo 2 – Sample Contract
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
While I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your Certificate at an additional cost.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Legal Secretary Certification Course is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.