Legal Secretary Award
Payment plan and finance options available
- Tutor is available to students
The Legal sector is an exciting and varied world. With many different areas, such as Family Law, Criminal Law etc, gaining specialised and now recognisable secretarial qualifications in this industry will set you head and shoulders above the rest.
This course is perfect if you’re new to the legal world and need to learn the jargon, processes and documentation connected with legal aspects of various law sectors.
Furthermore, a core course ‘Legal Text Processing’ has been written by CILEx and endorsed by Pitman Training, meaning that once you’ve completed your studies, you can go on to gain a renowned qualification from City & Guilds/CILEx, the Level 2 Award in Legal Text Processing.
A complete Award, made up of three courses, Legal Text Processing, Microsoft Word or Word Expert and Effective Business Communication. Learn the various forms of documentation, terminology and processes associated with six different legal specialisms such as Family Law Criminal Litigation and Conveyancing.
Being confident in Microsoft Word is essentials for anyone who either works or aspires to work in an office environment. Our training programme is designed to provide you with the essential skills you will need to be proficient in Word, in a work environment, in as short a time as possible. You don’t need any prior experience of Microsoft Word, and for those that are already proficient, you can take the expert level course!
Lastly, raise your game when it comes to business communication skills – effective communication is top of the list demanded by employers, so they are essential to master. In several lessons, your business communication training begins with examining English language skills before looking at how to communicate effectively, not only in writing but verbally too.
You can start when you like and our flexible learning system means you can fit your studying around your existing work and home commitments. There will also be a course advisor on hand to help, should you need additional support
Invest in yourself:
Acquiring these vital Legal Secretary skills – and your Pitman Training Award to prove it – will repay the cost in improved employment opportunities and job satisfaction. What better investment in your own future? The sooner you start, the sooner you will benefit.
Why Pitman Training?
- We are registered with CPD, so you can count our training towards your Professional Qualifications and memberships
- No one has helped more people gain valuable business skills than Pitman Training. That unbeatable experience is your guarantee of success.
- Our teaching methods are proven; our course materials are the best of their kind.
- There are no hidden costs. The Diploma package includes certification fees and all training.
- A Pitman Training Diploma is an industry standard; your passport to a better career
This course is designed for individuals who wish to join the fulfilling career of a Legal secretary, or those who are already in a similar role but want to brush up on their particular skills.
“I finally felt that I was on the right path when I started receiving invitations to interviews. Then I got a call from Pitman Training telling me that they had been approached by a Legal Conveyancing firm looking for an Administrator’s position within their legal department and asked me if I was happy for them to recommend me for the job. That was on a Tuesday and I started working the following Monday.” - Barbara
- Legal Text Processing – various forms of documentation, terminology and processes associated with legal specialisms (Family, Criminal, Conveyancing etc.)
- Microsoft Word– starting Word, inputting text, saving documents, page breaks, auto-correct, cut and paste, indenting and bullets, page numbers, tables, WordArt, text boxes, clipart, columns and styles, and much more.
- or Word Expert – mail merge, wizard, Excel data sources, tables, bookmarks, indexing and cross-referencing, footnotes and end notes, captions, macros and keyboard shortcuts, citations, sources and bibliography, managing complex documents, forms, applying styles and style inspector, tracking, properties, hyperlinks and more
- Effective Business Communication – examine the English language skills, how to communicate effectively and verbally
Who is this course for?
Pitman Training’s Legal Secretary Award is suitable for anyone looking to get into the varied and fulfilling role of a Legal Secretary, or those who are already in a similar role and need to brush up their skills.
Upon completion of this Pitman Training Award you will be armed with your ‘Pitman Training Certificate’, and you’ll also be prepared to move on to obtain a Level 2 CILEx/City & Guilds Award in Legal Text Processing. Employers can trust CVs that have these qualifications as they know you have been trained to a high level.
Being up to speed on all the latest in Microsoft Word and Legal terminology/communication , you’ll become a valued secretary at any firm. As well as solicitors’ offices and barristers’ chambers, you could work for law courts, local authorities, estate agents or even the police. Due to changes in the law, private businesses can also offer legal services - the opportunities are there for the taking.
Temp > Secretary > Legal Secretary > Specialised Legal Secretary
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.