This Legal Secretary and Office Skills course is endorsed by TQUK, an established Ofqual-regulated Awarding Organisation which assures your qualification is professional and recognised. This course is also accredited by CPD and 25 CPD points available without any further studies.
Working as a Legal Secretary at a law firm requires meticulous organizational skills and a lot of attention to detail. The core skills for a Legal Secretary include PA responsibilities, administrative duties, diary management, client liaison, executive support, proofreading, audio or copy typing, minute taking, modifying of documents and much more. The Legal Secretary and Office Skills Diploma is designed to help you master these core skills and is taught through accessible, informative video lessons, online study materials, mock exams, and automated assessments. You will gain a solid understanding of the roles of legal secretaries and paralegals, develop specific skills in verbal and nonverbal communication, prepare legal documents and learn to proofread with this Legal Secretary and Office Skills course. Transferable office administration skills in time management and Microsoft Word are also covered.
Upon completion of this Legal Secretary and Office Skills course, you’ll be able to set yourself apart as an in-demand secretarial professional in the legal field and develop the ability to work on multiple projects and cases at one time
Highlights of the Legal Secretary and Office Skills Diploma:
- Determine the crucial roles and responsibilities of Legal Secretaries
- Improve your skills in Office Admin and Administrative Management
- Learn proper phone etiquette, to keep records of clients and prepare legal documentation
- Successfully schedule and organize meetings to meet project goals
- Learn to coordinate work with MS Word
- Enhance your Organisational Skills that improve your prospects of gaining employment or promotion
- Discover the importance of effective communication to build lasting relationships with your clients
- Learn suitable ways to handle challenging customers
Why Choose this Legal Secretary and Office Skills Diploma Course:
- This best ever Legal Secretary and Office Skills Diploma course is suitable for anyone interested in working in this sector or who simply wants to learn more about the topic. If you’re an individual looking to excel within this field then Legal Secretary and Office Skills Diploma Course is for you.
- We’ve taken this comprehensive Legal Secretary and Office Skills course and broken it down into several manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the Legal Secretary and Office Skills Diploma Course. It really is a sure pathway to success.
- All our courses offer 12 months access and are designed to be studied at your own pace so you can take as much or as little time as you need to complete and gain the qualification.
- We pride ourselves on having friendly and experienced instructors who provide full weekday support and are ready to help with any of your queries. So, if you need help, just drop them an email and await a speedy response.
This Legal Secretary and Office Skills course is designed with the following modules:
Module 01: Introduction to Legal Secretary
- Introduction to Legal Secretary
- Role of Legal Secretaries
- General Duties and Day-to-Day Operations of a Legal Secretary
Module 02: Record Keeping and Legal Writing Skills & Proofreading
- Record Keeping
- Legal Writing Skills & Proofreading
Module 03: Research Skills and Transcription, Editing & Correspondence to Judges
- Research Skills You Need to Know
- Transcription, Editing & Correspondence to Judges
Module 04: Legal System
- Legal System of UK
- UK Court System
Module 05: Meeting Management & Minute Taking
- Minute Taking
- Tips to Follow
- Meeting and the Minute Taking
- Minute Taking Nowadays
Module 06: Other Secretarial Roles and Responsibilities
- Working with Your Manager
- Administrative Soft Skills
- Effective Time Management
- Tools of the Trade
- Being an Effective Gatekeeper
- Organizational Skills
- Confidentiality Guidelines
- Special Tasks
Module 07: Customer Service Role
- Introduction To Customer Service
- The Power of Positive Thinking in Customer Service
- Types of Difficult Customers and How to Help them
- How to Deal with Difficult Customers
Module 08: Telephone Etiquette
- Aspects of Phone Etiquette
- Using Proper Phone Language
- Eliminate Phone Distractions
- Inbound Calls
- Outbound Calls
- Handling Rude or Angry Callers
- Handling Interoffice Calls
- Methods of Training Employees
- Correcting Poor Telephone Etiquette
Module 09: Organizing Work Using MS Word
- Working with the Interface
- Your First Document
- Basic Editing Tasks
- Basic Formatting Tasks
- Formatting Paragraphs
- Advanced Formatting Tasks
- Working with Styles
- Formatting the Page
- Sharing Your Document
Module 10: Proofreading
- Introduction to Proofreading
- What does a Proofreader do?
- Proofreading Symbols
- Proofreading on Paper & Screen
- Strategies to Check for Specific Errors
- Editing & Proofreading Strategies
- Proofreading an Essay
Method of Assessment
To assess your learning, you have to participate in an automated multiple choice question exam. You have to score at least 60% to pass the exam and to qualify for TQUK endorsed and CPD accredited certificates. After passing the exam, you will be able to apply for a certificate.
In addition, to enhance the depth of your knowledge regarding the course and further assess your learning, you are advised to complete the assignment questions provided at the end of the course, which you can complete anytime you wish. After submitting the assignment, our expert tutor will assess your assignment and will give you feedback on your performance.
CPD Certification from One Education
After successfully completing the MCQ assessment, you will qualify for the CPD Certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in PDF format, at the cost of £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, at the cost of £15.
Endorsed Certification from TQUK
Upon successful completion of the MCQ assessment, learners can order their TQUK Endorsed Certification by paying an accreditation fee of £39. International students will be required to pay an additional £10 postal charge.
Total Endorsed Certification Time
The demonstrated time is the estimated time that is expected to be taken by a learner to pursue all the learning outcomes of the course. The Total Qualification Time is comprised of the time a learner will take to cover all the course materials along with the quizzes and assignment completion.
Total Endorsed Certification time for this course is 200 hours.
Guided Learning Hours
The guided learning hours are made up of all real-time contact time and guidance of a learner by One Education. This is a self-paced online course. You will get 12 months access to our learning portal, so it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
GLH for this Endorsed Certification is 25 hours.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this Legal Secretary and Office Skills course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Legal Secretary and Office Skills Diploma is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
An entry-level Legal Secretary can expect to earn an average annual salary between £18,000 and £22,000.
A Legal Secretary with mid-career experience can expect to earn an average annual salary between £22,000 and £33,000.
A highly experienced Legal Secretary can expect to earn an average annual salary between £35,000 and £40,000 or more.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
How many hours is this course?
Hi Amber, Thanks for reaching out. The estimated course duration is 38 hours if you study it continuously. However, you will get one year access to the course upon purchasing and you can complete it anytime within a year. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Will I get a certificate after compliting the legal secretary course?
Dear Sofia, Thank you for contacting us. Once you complete the course, you will be able to obtain an accredited certificate. We provide the two types of certificates; PDF format and the Hard Copy certificate. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.