Add to basket or enquire
Our most popular Legal Secretary and Office Admin Diploma Course is completely professional and perfect for anyone looking to work in this sector. Course content is high-quality, in-depth, and designed by industry experts.
Condensed into separate, bitesize modules, the course teaches you everything you need to know for success in the profession.
If you want to get into office admin and/or become a legal secretary specifically, then this is the course for you. On top of all of the general admin knowledge and skills that this Legal Secretary and Office Admin Diploma will teach you, it will show you how to provide a high level of administrative support specifically for lawyers and legal executives. The course will assist you with the daily tasks involved in running a legal service or law firms. If you are interested in law and want to develop administrative skills in the legal sector, then it’s ideal for you. Throughout the course, you will learn about written and communication skills, permitting you to work in any office environment, also working to deadlines. In order to become a legal secretary, you will need good literacy and numeracy skills, as well as word processing skills and some experience in office work.
Benefits of studying the Legal Secretary and Office Admin Diploma
- Earn a free e-certificate upon successful completion.
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Study in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
************************** Course Modules **************************
- Preparation (1)
- Preparation (2)
- Time management
- The Importance of keeping to schedules
- Imperative Tasks
- Skills: Communicating Verbally
- Skills: Communicating non-Verbally
- Sanctioning yourself
- The power of teamwork
- Ensuring you are ready
- The Administrative Process and its importance
- Ensure you’re prepared
- Important Processes
- Our list of 5 processes
- Binder Essentials (1)
- Binder Essentials (2)
- Binder Organization
- Don’t bother with these items in your process guide
- Distribute the Process guide
- Ensure a high level of success when carrying out the process Guide
- Get rid of Things you don’t need
- Arranging your work
- Time Management
- Managing your list of things to do
- The differences between virtual storage and physical storage
- Standardize your work area
- How not to procrastinate
- Managing your inbox
- Avoid Not Organizing
- Stay Focussed to keep Organized
- Building Your Management Team
- Building A Successful Brand
- Achieving Quality Through Teamwork
- Keys To Staying Motivated
- Improve Your Marketing
- Provide Top Customer Service
- Wrapping Up
Basics of Legal Secretary
- What is a legal secretary?
- Operations and responsibilities
- Daily duties as a legal secretary
- Keeping effective records
- Proofreading, copyediting and legal writing
- Essential research techniques
- Preparing correspondence for judges
- The British Legal System
- Understanding UK courts
Minute Taking Skills
- Keeping effective records
- What a minute taker does
- Key skills of minute taking
- Creating meeting guidelines
- Different styles of minute taking
- Recording with OneNote 2007
- Preparing your minutes
- Maintaining a tidy minute book
- What to include/what to ignore
- The difference between motions and resolutions
- How to record minutes
- The purpose of a meeting
- Identifying a decision
- Minute taking skills
Secretarial Roles and Responsibilities
- The basics of being a legal secretary
- Working on your admin skills
- How to manage your time
- Key skills
- Gatekeeping skills for legal secretaries
- Prioritising your workload
- Keeping data secure
- Other administrative tasks
Legal Office Administration
- Ethical Considerations
- The Basics
- Client Relations
- Dealing With Mail
- File Management
- Use Of Technology
- Skills that Every Legal Secretary Should Have
- What is Litigation
- Delivery of Documents
- Motions Prior to and During Trial
- The Basics
- The Essential Elements
- Remedies for Breach of Contract
Customer Service Skills
- Introduction To Customer Service
- The Power of Positive Thinking in Customer Service
- Types of Difficult Customers and How to Help Them
- How to Deal with Difficult Customers
- Good phone etiquette
- Getting rid of distractions
- Taking inbound calls
- Effectively making outbound calls
- How to deal with angry callers
- Dealing with interoffice communication
- Strategies for phone training
- Fixing your phone manner
Organize Your Work With Microsoft Word
- Starting the program
- Finding your way around Word
- Creating a file
- Editing a document
- Formatting your text
- Formatting Paragraphs
- Changing fonts and headings
- Customising the style of your document
- Designing the page
- Exporting your document
- Getting started
- The duties of a proofreader
- Basics of proofreading
- Understanding proofreading symbols
- The difference between printed and electronic text
- Identifying common errors
- Techniques of proofreading
- Academic proofreading
What you will be able to do on completion of the course
- Provide administrative support to one or several lawyers at a time
- Effectively communicate with all types of witnesses, clients, colleagues, and partners
- Draft case briefs and synopses of depositions, contracts, and testimonies
- Undertake thorough research
- Locate and verify important case information
- Produce and file a range of legal documents, including appeals, motions or
- Maintain and update inventories of contact details
- Meet deadlines by keeping multiple agendas and providing timely reminders
- Answer phone calls, take notes and redirect calls when appropriate.
Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to obtain your course completion e-certificate free of cost. Print copy by post is also available at an additional cost.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those wanting to improve their basic skills in office administration, those who want to start working as a receptionist, office administrator, office manager, administrative assistant or secretary, and those who want to become a legal secretary.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Is the exam multiple choice?
Dear Hannah, Thank you for contacting us. There are two possible question types: Multiple Choice and True/False. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Samantha King asked:
Does the price include the examination fee?
Hi Samantha, Thanks for the question. Yes, the course price includes the exam fee. You don't have to pay for the exam additionally. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How long do you study the course for?
Dear Cheryl, The approximate course duration is 76 hours if you want to finish at one go. However, you will get one-year access to the course upon purchasing. Therefore, you can complete it anytime within a year. Thanks Help Desk.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is this course will help me to find a job in the UK?
Dear Lucy, Thanks for your question. This is a self-development course. We believe that this course would enhance your skills and will add value to your CV. This would also help you to place yourself in a good position in the competitive employment market. Thanks, Help Desk.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.