The University of Law
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Location & dates
Our LPC will prepare you for business. Improve your career prospects by learning the essential professional skills that legal employers are looking for. In small group workshops, you'll be taught by qualified lawyers with extensive practice experience. You’ll also benefit from online learning resources and personal feedback from our tutors.
Here are just some of the reasons why we’re best placed to help you prepare for your future career as a solicitor:
- Practice-focused: develop commercial awareness, critical thinking and the professional skills to handle the challenges of being a solicitor
- Gain an MSc in Law, Business and Management or LLM in Professional Legal Practice at no extra cost
- Study your LPC with a Masters and you could be eligible for a postgraduate student loan
- Tailor your course to your specialist areas of interest through a wide choice of elective subjects
- Flexible study - choose to study at one of our locations nationwide with the choice of full-time, part-time, day, evening and weekend courses, as well as our Online LPC
- Access award-winning careers support to help you with your training contract applications with over 3,000 probono opportunities as soon as you accept your place
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anybody wishing to complete the final vocational stage for becoming a solicitor in England and Wales.
- Academic profile and achievement, generally a minimum of an actual or predicted second class honours law degree or GDL/CPE
- A sufficient command of the English language to successfully complete the course - see English language requirements below
- Any special circumstances revealed in your application
- Academic or other references
The LPC is the final vocational stage for becoming a solicitor in England and Wales. The course is designed to provide a bridge between academic study and training in a law firm.