Add to basket or enquire
Become an excellent and proficient legal executive with this comprehensive Legal Executive Training Course.
In this detailed training course you learn; the differences between Paralegals and Legal Secretaries, while also learning about subjects such as Criminal Law, the court system, the details of a trial procedure among the roles and responsibilities of being a legal executive.
The legal executive training course covers everything from; telephone etiquette to minute taking arrest to arraignment the legal system of the UK, legal writing and other key skills you need to know to become the best legal executive around.
Highlights of The Legal Executive Training Course:
- Learn about record keeping
- Learn various legal research skills
- Develop a thorough understanding of the UK legal system
- Develop an understanding of criminal law
- Understand the details of Arrest to Arraignment
- Learn the skills required to be a paralegal
- Improve your minute taking and meeting management skills
- Develop impeccable telephone etiquette.
We’ve taken this comprehensive Legal Executive Training Course and broken it down into 61 manageable units which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the Admin Skills. It really is a sure pathway to success.
This Legal Executive Training Course is designed with the following modules:
- Introduction to Paralegals
- Introduction to Legal Secretary
- Role of Legal Secretaries
- General Duties and Day-to-Day Operations of a Legal Secretary
- Record Keeping
- Legal Writing Skills & Proofreading
- Research Skills You Need to Know
- Transcription, Editing & Correspondence to Judges
- Legal System of UK
- History of Criminal Law: Church of England and Codification of Criminal Law
- General Principles of Criminal Law
- Act 1967
- Agency, capacity, and mental disorder
- General Defences
- Homicide and Murder
- Theft, Robbery and Burglary
Courts, Crime, and Controversy
- UK Court System
- The Courts and the Criminal Justice System
- Actors in the Courthouse
- Criminal vs Civil Court Cases
- Law on the Books and in Action
Arrest to Arraignment
- Crime and Arrest
- Preliminary Hearing, Grand Jury, and Arraignment
- History of Trials by Jury
- Overview of Basic Evidence
- Steps In The Trial Process
- Legal Terminology
Being a Paralegal
- Working with Your Manager
- Administrative Soft Skills
- Tools of the Trade
- Effective Time Management
- Being an Effective Gatekeeper
- Organizational Skills
- Confidentiality Guidelines
- Special Tasks
Meeting Management & Minute Taking
- Meeting Management
- Meeting Agreements
- Minute Styles
- What Do I Record?
- Techniques for Preparing Minutes
- Taking Minutes in an Interactive Meeting
- The Minute Book
- What to include/what to ignore
- Motions and Resolutions
- Method of recording minutes
- Reasons for Meeting
- What is a decision?
- Minute Taking tips
- Aspects of Phone Etiquette
- Using Proper Phone Language
- Eliminate Phone Distractions
- Inbound Calls
- Outbound Calls
- Handling Rude or Angry Callers
- Handling Interoffice Calls
- Methods of Training Employees
- Correcting Poor Telephone Etiquette
How is the Legal Executive Training Course assessed?
To successfully complete the Legal Executive Training Course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful course completion, you will qualify for a CPD certificate from One Education as proof of your new skills. Certification is available in PDF format, at the cost of £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, at the cost of £15.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this Legal Executive Training Course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
This Legal Executive Training Course is compatible with all kinds of devices and the age requirement for this Legal Executive Training Course is 16. So, basically, everyone can take this course to acquire Legal Executive Training Course skills that are necessary.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.