- This course starts by providing you with a complete understanding of how to structure your sentences correctly.
- It focusses on the use of the active and passive voice in drafting, the importance of using precise verbs and the use of gender neutral when writing correspondence.
It also gives helps you understand the importance of being consistent when drafting or amending terms of an agreement and provides you with tips on how to improve your drafting skills.
BENEFITS OF THE COURSE
You will understand the purpose behind drafting certain legal documents such as affidavits and addendums; and
you will also become more confident and know how to:
- structure and draft simple letters
- structure a detailed advice letter
- structure and draft a memorandum
- structure and draft a simple affidavit
- structure and draft a simple addendum
The course provides you with lessons on legal terminology and their application and the purpose behind shareholders agreements.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- The course is highly practical
- The course is delivered by qualified lawyers who practice the law
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Any student or lawyer who has already completed LELC - level 1; or
any law/business student or international lawyer who would like to improve their drafting skills in English with the emphasis of drafting legal documents.
LEGAL ENGLISH LANGUAGE CERTIFICATE - Level 2 (CPD - 8 hours)
- You will need to attain more than 60% in each quiz
- Upon successful completion of the course, students will attain the 'LELC - Level 2'
The LELC - Level 2 constitutes 16 hours of 'Continuing Professional Development'.
LESSON 1 - STRUCTURING YOUR SENTENCES CORRECTLY - PART 1
- READING MATERIAL - Presentation Slides - Lesson 1
- Review 1 - Tips before writing your letter
- Review 2 - Active & Passive Voice
- Review 3 - The Use of Precise Verbs
- TEST YOUR UNDERSTANDING - PRACTICE WRITING CORRECTLY
- SAMPLE ANSWERS - WRITING CORRECTLY
- QUIZ 1 - Structuring your sentences
LESSON 2 - STRUCTURING YOUR SENTENCES CORRECTLY - PART 2
- Reading Material - Presentation Slides - Lesson 2
- Review 1 - Use of Correct Punctuation
- Review 2 - Use of gender neutral and singular
- Review 3 - Importance of being Consistency
- Review 4 - Use of 'Must', 'Shall' & 'Will'
- QUIZ 2
LESSON 3 - Writing simple letter(s) in English
- Review 1 - Salutations
- Review 2 - Being, Concise, Precise & Relevant
- TEST YOUR UNDERSTANDING 1 - WRITING LETTER(S)
- SAMPLE ANSWER - WRITING LETTER(S)
- TEST YOUR UNDERSTANDING 2 - STRUCTURING YOUR SENTENCES (OPTIONAL)
- SAMPLE ANSWER - STRUCTURING YOUR SENTENCES
- QUIZ 3
LESSON 4 - DRAFTING MEMORANDUMS
- Reading Material - Presentation Slides - Lesson 4
- Lesson 4.2 - Emails
- Review 1 - An overview of Use of Emails
- Reading Material - Presentation Slides - Emails
- TEST YOUR UNDERSTANDING - EMAILS (OPTIONAL)
- SAMPLE ANSWER - EMAIL
- QUIZ 4
LESSON 5 - ADVICE LETTERS (STRUCTURE & CONTENTS)
- Reading Material - Presentation Slides - Lesson 5
LESSON 6 - DRAFTING YOUR AFFIDAVIT/STATEMENT
- Reading Material - Presentation Slides - Lesson 6
- TEST YOUR UNDERSANDING - AFFIDAVITS
- SAMPLE ANSWER - AFFIDAVIT
- QUIZ 6
LESSON 7 - DRAFTING AN ADDENDUM
- Reading Material - Presentation Slides - Addendum(s)
- TEST YOUR UNDERSTANDING 1 - ADDENDUM(S)
- SAMPLE ANSWER 1 - ADDENDUM(S)
- TEST YOUR UNDERSTANDING 2 - PRACTICE DRAFTING
- SAMPLE ANSWER - 2
- QUIZ 7
LESSON 8 - IMPROVE YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF LEGAL TERMINOLOGY
- Lesson 8.1 - Legal Terminology
- Reading Material - Presentation Slides - Legal Terminology - 8.1
- Lesson 8.2 - Legal Terminology
- Reading Material - Presentation Slides - Legal Terminology - 8.2
- QUIZ 8
LESSON 9 - SHAREHOLDERS' AGREEMENT (AN OVERVIEW)
- Reading - Presentation Slides - Shareholders' Agreement (an Overview)
- QUIZ 9
LESSON 10 - IMPROVE YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF LEGAL TERMINOLOGY
- Lesson 10.1 - Legal Terminology
- Reading Material - Presentation Slides - Legal Terminology - 10
- QUIZ 10.1
- Lesson 10.2 - Legal Terminology
- Reading Material - Presentation Slides - Legal Terminology - 10.2
- QUIZ 10.2
Who is this course for?
A law student, business student or lawyer who:
- has already completed LELC - level 1; or
- who would like to improve their drafting skills in English with the emphasis of drafting legal documents.
This course could also be useful for someone who has an interest in law
- An understanding of English
- Preferably a student who has already past the Legal English Language Certificate - Level 1, but this is not essential
- trainee lawyer
- international lawyer
- legal assistant
- legal secretary
In all the cases above, this course could be useful in helping individuals achieve their chosen career path by providing them with confidence in drafting
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.