Add to basket or enquire
About This Class
You’ve been interested in Sustainability, and perhaps even working in this field. You may have been asked to consult and manage a LEED project. You want to achieve your LEED BD+C Accredited Professional status. But in doing so you know that you first must meet the LEED Green Associate accreditation.
You know that there is a lot information, with the reference guide close to 900 pages. Where do you begin? How do I start learning? What information is important? How do I best prepare myself for the exam – especially with so many different responsibilities you have
Think of this course as the foundation course on LEED.
This foundation course will allow you to master the most important concepts and tools. And this all in 4 hours.
This LEED Green Associate Foundation Course has been designed to enable you to understand all credits and prepare for the exam in the most effective way. You will learn from an experienced consultant, and USGBC Faculty member.
- 1: Introduction 02:31
- 2: Getting Started 03:44
- 3: Minimum Program Requirements 06:50
- 4: Rating System Selection 07:11
- 5: IP Prereq: Integrative Project Planning and Design 02:28
- 6: IP Credit: Integrative Process 04:05
- 7: LT Overview 02:56
- 8: LT Credit: Neigbourhoud Development 02:33
- 9: LT Credit: Sensitive Land 02:23
- 10: LT Credit: High Priority Site 02:12
- 11: LT Credit: Surrounding Density & Diverse Uses 06:44
- 12: LT Credit: Access to Quality Transit 05:33
- 13: LT Credit: Bicycle Facilities 06:04
- 14: LT Credit: Reduced Parking Footprint 03:30
- 15: LT Credit: Green Vehicles 04:09
- 16: SS Overview 01:38
- 17: SS Prereq: Construction Activity Pollution Prevention 02:31
- 18: SS Prereq: Environmental Site Assessment 02:47
- 19: SS Credit: Restore or Protect Habitat 03:39
- 20: SS Credit: Open Space 03:00
- 21: SS Credit: Rainwater Management 03:00
- 22: SS Credit: Heat Island Reduction 03:55
- 23: SS Credit: Light Pollution Reduction 04:51
- 24: SS Credit: Site Master Plan 01:59
- 25: SS Credit: Tenant Design and Construction Guidelines 01:37
- 26: SS Credit: Places of Respite 02:54
- 27: SS Credit: Direct Exterior Access 01:52
- 28: SS Credit: Joint Use Facilities 02:35
- 29: WE Overview 01:04
- 30: WE Prereq: Outdoor Water Use 02:30
- 31: WE Prereq: Indoor Water Use 04:06
- 32: WE Prereq: Building Water Metering 01:41
- 33: WE Credit: Outdoor Water Use 02:12
- 34: WE Credit: Indoor Water Use 02:50
- 35: WE Credit: Cooling Tower Water Use 03:01
- 36: WE Credit: Building Water Metering 02:22
- 37: EA Overview 02:04
- 38: EA Prereq: Fundamental Commissioning and Verification 03:34
- 39: EA Prereq: Minimum Energy Performance 05:03
- 40: EA Prereq: Building Level Energy Metering 02:21
- 41: EA Prereq: Fundamental Refrigerant Management 01:58
- 42: EA Credit: Enhanced Commissioning 04:58
- 43: EA Credit: Optimize Energy Performance 03:50
- 44: EA Credit: Advanced Energy Metering 02:17
- 45: EA Credit: Demand Response 03:14
- 46: EA Credit: Renewable Energy Production 02:11
- 47: EA Credit: Enhanced Refrigerant Management 03:23
- 48: EA Credit: Green Powerand Carbon Offsets 02:13
- 49: MR Overview 01:47
- 50: MR Prereq: Storage and Collection of Recyclables 02:48
- 51: MR Prereq: Construction and Demolition Waste Management Planning 02:12
- 52: MR Prereq: PBT Source Reduction - Mercury 02:52
- 53: MR Credit: Building Life-Cycle Impact Reduction 05:06
- 54: MR Credit: BPDO - Environmental Product Declaration 04:03
- 55: MR Credit: BPDO - Sourcing of Raw Materials 03:13
- 56: MR Credit: BPDO - Material Ingredients 04:53
- 57: MR Credit: PBT Source Reduction - Mercury 01:31
- 58: MR Credit: PBT Source Reduction - Lead, Cadmium, Copper 02:34
- 59: MR Credit: Furniture and Medical Furnishings 03:43
- 60: MR Credit: Design for Flexibilty 02:08
- 61: MR Credit: Construction and Demolition Waste Management 02:30
- 62: IEQ Overview 01:03
- 63: IEQ Prereq: Min Indoor Air Quality Performance 06:23
- 64: IEQ Prereq: Environmental Tobacco Smoke Control 02:33
- 65: IEQ Prereq: Minimum Accoustic Performance 02:59
- 66: IEQ Credit: Enhanced Indoor Air Quality Strategies 02:27
- 67: IEQ Credit: Low Emitting Materials 03:26
- 68: IEQ Credit: Construction Indoor Air Quality Management Plan 03:40
- 69: IEQ Credit: Indoor Air Quality Assessment 02:56
- 70: IEQ Credit: Thermal Comfort 03:41
- 71: IEQ Credit: Interior Lighting 05:31
- 72: IEQ Credit: Daylight 06:10
- 73: IEQ Credit: Quality Views 03:23
- 74: IEQ Credit: Accoustic Performance 03:08
- 75: IN Credit: Innovation 03:02
- 76: IN Credit: LEED AP 01:19
- 77: RP Overview 01:15
- 78: RP Credit: Regional Priority 01:38
- 79: Completion 01:14
What will you learn?
The key concepts and tools for LEED. Around 75 specific lessons ranging from 3 to 8 minutes on all important credits. Here a handful of examples.
Sustainable Sites – Heat Island Reduction
Material and Resources – Mercury
IEQ – Views
IEQ - Daylight
All other credits
Definitions, concepts, tips, and how to avoid common mistakes.
Become more confident in your abilities as a sustainability manager.
Why take this course?
You want to pass the LEED GA exam.
You will be able to speak about LEED and sustainability with confidence.
You will understand the difference terms, definitions and requirements.
You will learn from an experienced sustainability consultant and educator
It's effective and practical. Think of this course as exam preparation together with tips and focus points.
It's been developed from the ground up with a focus on quality.
How will this help you?
You will deliver projects, better, quicker and avoid common mistakes
You will go prepared to a job that requires knowledge in LEED and sustainability .
You will feel more confident about LEED and how to apply it.
You will be able to add this to your CV (just put it under "Professional Development" LEED Green Associate, Udemy, Year of Completion).
What you will learn will make you effective and successful :)
Who is behind this course?
I am the Managing Directorof a green building consultancy in Malaysia, and a LEED AP and a USGBC Faculty Member. Before that I was a university teacher (Yonsei University Korea), Project Manager, entrepreneur, and enjoy teaching. I have an MBA from London Business School. I enjoy creating courses.
This course is specifically for:
People who want to learn about LEED
Professionals that want to obtain their LEED Green Associate
People who are interested in a career in sustainability consultancy
Developers, Engineers, Business Analysts, Architects, and basically anyone interested in learning about LEED
People with an open mind and a willingness to learn.
People capable of taking notes and applying the concepts and tools provided in this course.
You will learn all the concept of LEED BD+C in preparation for the LEED GA Exam.
This course will prepare you very well for the LEED GA exam, and should be the starting point if you want to take the exam.
All credits, requirements and points will be clearly explained to you.
LEED GA will allow you to deliver your consulting projects better and more effectively
Professional certifications can lead to a significant increase in salary.
This course is not the only thing to do to get you ready for the exam. But it will give you the solid foundation and is key to preparation.
Certification demonstrates an enhanced understanding of technical concepts; thus a LEED Certification could open doors to new job opportunities.
You will enjoy this skillshare course, here are some examples of what people say about my work with them in the past
What other students wrote about me:
“Hans was my professor in strategic management and entrepreneurship in Yonsei University, in Seoul. Attending these courses enabled me to find a job in this field. Hans has great teaching skills and a valuable experience that he delivers very well to his students. He could bring us to adopt a strategic way of thinking with multiple perspectives. Besides, Hans is very responsive and always willing to help. I really recommend him.. -Solene Moitry "
"Hans was my professor of "Entrepreneurship and Strategy" during one semester this year. I have to say that this class was one of the best I ever had. Indeed, the content was very interesting and Hans made it even better. He explained us things with well known examples and very interesting shows. Moreover, he always knew how to make the class lively and dynamic by pushing people to express what they thought. I also really liked the way Hans structured the class throughout the semester and I think that it the best way to learn how to become an entrepreneur! -Arnaud Girard”
“I cannot recommend Hans enough! He was an amazing lecturer during my time at Yonsei University. He taught was able to project his knowledge in such an interesting way, which made the learning experience enjoyable. Prior to this class I had no background knowledge of anything business related. Hence, It is amazing that after his short three week class, I have learnt so much. Hans is definitely one of the best lecturers I have ever encountered, if not, the best. – Elizabeth Nguyen”
Join me and start learning about LEED now. You will learn all the concepts and requirements that will enable you to achieve your LEED Green Associate Certification. We will go cover all the topics from the definitions, intent, requirements, concepts, and exemplary performances. So take the course now to learn what all of this means in more detail and how you can apply it to become a LEED Green Associate
Who is this course for?
People who want to learn about LEED and obtain their LEED GA exam
People who want to build their foundational skills in sustainability
People who are interested in a career in sustainability consultancy
Developers, Engineers, Business Analysts, Architects, and basically anyone interested in learning about LEED BD+C
No prerequisites are needed. But an interest in sustainability or knowledge of LEED will help
LEED Green Associate is the stepping stone towards a career in sustainability, building certification and environmental engineering. It's signals your knowledge and commitment to employers and clients. It's also the prerequisite to become a LEED Accredited Professional - required and valued in many industries
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Is it a credited course? If yes how many credit points I can earn after being enrolled in this course?Answer:
No this is not an credited course - but it will help you in understanding LEED and preparing for the LEED exam.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Reed courses certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included
Will be downloadable when all lectures have been completed
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.