Your Life Your Project
Add to basket or enquire
PROJECTS ARE EVERYWHERE!!
Are you confused about Project Management and do you think you will benefit from learning the most important aspects of project management?
This course will set you on course and will allow you to PROGRESS at work whether you are from the business or part of technical team. This course could also enlighten you to start a potential NEW CAREER as Project Manager.
After attending this course you will
- Get an edge by understanding what few people know about Project Management
- be able to Influence a project
- Sound knowledgeable and get Respected in the corporate world. "Yes I know what you're saying"
- Maybe get enough of a taste to start a CAREER as Project Manager.
- 1: Course Summary 01:45
- 2: Tips for following the course 02:00
- 3: Tip to get in Project Management 01:00
- 4: What is a Project? 03:52
- 5: What is Project Management? 01:02
- 6: Introducing the 4 phases of Project Management 02:53
- 7: Introducing the 9 key areas of Project Management 01:33
- 8: High Level explanation of the 9 areas 03:22
- 9: Quiz Part 1 03:00
- 10: Starting a project: Introduction of the Initiation phase 01:18
- 11: Initiation Phase Description 02:52
- 12: Stakeholder Management - Introduction 02:52
- 13: Optional: Stakeholder Matrix 02:03
- 14: Initiation: activities post approval 01:38
- 15: Org Chart example: Program 01:58
- 16: Org Chart example: Steering committee 03:38
- 17: Initiation phase: Exceptions 01:06
- 18: The challenge with Initiation 01:38
- 19: The Olympics: Why always over budget? 01:47
- 20: Multi Phased Projects 05:09
- 21: Initiation: Example 02:10
- 22: Quiz to test your knowledge of the Initiation Phase 02:00
- 23: Planning a project: Planning phase introduction 00:55
- 24: Planning phase Description - Part 1 04:25
- 25: Planning phase Description - Part 2 02:06
- 26: Scheduling 02:24
- 27: Budget 03:03
- 28: Planning Example 02:57
- 29: Planning Quiz 02:00
- 30: Execution phase introduction 01:46
- 31: Execution phase Description 03:10
- 32: Issues During Execution 03:16
- 33: Risks and Issues relationship 01:39
- 34: End of the Execution phase 02:44
- 35: Execution Phase Example 03:10
- 36: Quiz for Execution Phase 02:00
- 37: Closing Phase Introduction 02:48
- 38: Closing Phase Description 02:35
- 39: Closing Phase Example 01:04
- 40: Closing Phase Quiz 02:00
- 41: Roadmap Introduction 01:07
- 42: Roadmap Walkthrough 07:24
- 43: 7 key documents: Introduction 01:20
- 44: Project Charter 00:45
- 45: Reports 01:50
- 46: Schedule document 01:53
- 47: Issue List 02:00
- 48: Risk Regsiter 02:01
- 49: Budget Document 01:45
- 50: PMP or Project Management Plan 01:14
- 51: How to talk to a Project Manager to get what you want 03:51
- 52: OPTIONAL: Project Management overuse 01:31
- 53: Part 3 quiz 03:00
- 54: Final Words 00:53
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This course is a 2 hour overview of Project Management, but is also providing lots of useful information around Projects, Project Management and Project Managers (PM).
You will understand exactly:
What is a Project
What is Project Management
What is the most basic Project Management process used on most projects
What are the 9 key things to look into when dealing with or managing a project
You will also get an introduction on:
Program Structure (Project Manager team)
Steering committee structure
Stakeholder management, the unloved child yet so important in Project Management
Project Charter and Project Management Plan (2 very important project management document)
WHAT I PROVIDE IN ADDITION TO THE VIDEOS
I will provide you with most slides of this course to allow you to review the basics wherever you are without having to watch the videos.
I am also provide a small booklet with the 7 key artefacts of Project Management.
•Part 1: Definitions and Process overview
This will provide you with a framework, basic knowledge on how a Project Management works. Useful for Part 2 too.
Introduction & Definitions
9 areas to watch
Part 2: Walking through the process
Here I take you step by step through a Project lifecycle, from start to finish
Lifecycle: 4 phases in detail
Example for each phase
•Part 3: Knowledge reinforcement
This part will really nail down the concept of Project Management. You will review some topics seen from a different angle.
7 key Documents
How to talk to a PM
PROJECTS ARE EVERYWHERE!!
It would be useful for anyone to learn the basics of project management to allow them to:
- Understand what is going on in a project
- Influence a project
- Become part of one
- Sound knowledgeable and get respected in the corporate world. "Yes I know what you're saying"
- Maybe start a Project Manager career. (This course is not sufficient, if you know you want to become a PM now, check out my other course)
My name is Ben, I have been a Project Manager for more than 20 years working for amongst others IBM, HP, large Financial companies and also Government agencies. I have also been coaching Project Managers for more than 10 years.
I have all the most respected Project Management certifications (PMP, Prince2, MSP, Agile Project Management) - and you know when I was doing those courses - I did not really enjoy them because when I did them I was already a PM and what I was hearing was not usable and so remote from what happens out in the field... and I thought I can do better maybe - to bring this knowledge to people interested in Project Management.
Who is this course for?
This course is for you if you to have a good understanding of Project Management, its phases and how the job entails. After this course you will be able to communicate with Project Managers or start a Project yourself.
I have a more in depth course if you are serious about getting into Project Management as a career. (check my profile)
This is a good introduction to Project Management, that gives you a good idea of what the job entails.
As mentioned above I have a more in depth course if you are serious about getting into Project Management as a career. (check my profile)
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Reed Courses Certificate of Completion
Digital certificate - Included
Will be downloadable when all lectures have been completed.