A. G. Jarvis Limited
Add to basket or enquire
Would you like to be the best leader you can be?
"A leader Is a dealer in hope"
Napoleon said that. And he was right. Clever guy, Napoleon.
The terms leader and manager are often used interchangeably, but there is a difference. And in the current competitive market, it's not enough to be one or the other...you must be able to be both, if you want to get the most from your team.
What you'll learn in this course:
- Communicate effectively with anyone
- Transform any team into super-star performers!
- Inspire and lead your team to success
- Be the best boss you can be!
- 1: Introduction 01:57
- 2: An Important Question 02:12
- 3: It's Not About You 01:48
- 4: I Have To Praise You 02:35
- 5: Getting to Know You 02:40
- 6: What We’ve Got Here, Is Failure To Communicate 11:09
- 7: Are We Speaking The Same Language 05:37
- 8: The Lost Art Of Listening 05:22
- 9: Knowledge Is Power 02:46
- 10: We're Gonna Make You A Sta-a-a-r 01:17
- 11: The Three T's - Time, Tools and Talent 01:35
- 12: Welcome To My World 02:42
- 13: The First T - Time 10:58
- 14: Being Helpful, Or, Whose Job Is It Anyway 04:20
- 15: Time Exercise 1 - Being Helpful 00:45
- 16: If You Want It Doing Properly… 08:25
- 17: Time Exercise 2 - The Seven Deadly Wastes 00:52
- 18: Modelling Excellence And Soup Questions 10:11
- 19: Time Exercise 3 - Modelling Excellence 00:48
- 20: The Second T - Tools 00:44
- 21: £179.99. Or, The Cost Of Solving A Ten Year Old Problem 07:58
- 22: Tools Exercise 1 - Downstream and Upstream Problems 00:58
- 23: Mission Mundane. Or, I Can’t Not Look 09:20
- 24: Tools Exercise 2 - Automation 00:56
- 25: That’s What I Expected To See… 07:29
- 26: Tools Exercise 3 - Poka-yoke 00:46
- 27: The Third T - Talent 05:47
- 28: Planes and Peer Brains 04:39
- 29: Talent Exercise 1 - Info Share 00:40
- 30: Where Are My Trousers? 06:27
- 31: Talent Exercise 2 - Limelight And More Ideas 01:03
- 32: What Would Jesus Do? 07:06
- 33: Talent Exercise 3 - What Would (Pick Your Own Hero) Do? 00:49
- 34: The Three T's Summary 02:49
- 35: Introduction To Section 3 00:53
- 36: Getting Them In – Interviews 07:24
- 37: The Welcome Bucket 02:14
- 38: Motivation - Mr. Motivator 03:27
- 39: Motivation - Whose Company Is It, Anyway? 03:29
- 40: Motivation - Money. That's What I Want 07:18
- 41: Motivation - The Beach Boys 01:53
- 42: Meetings - Punctuality 01:22
- 43: Meetings - What’s the point? 01:14
- 44: Meetings - Who’s The Decision Maker? 00:54
- 45: Meetings - Agendas 00:49
- 46: Meetings - Minutes 01:01
- 47: Meetings - Facetime 00:54
- 48: Meetings - You Talking To ME? 01:29
- 49: Meetings - If You Don’t Understand…ASK! 01:25
- 50: Meetings - Common Sense...Not That Common 00:48
- 51: How Can I Help? 04:14
- 52: The Whirlwind 04:06
- 53: If You Can’t Change The Culture… 04:48
- 54: Good Morning, Or What I Learned From Bill 02:07
- 55: “That won’t happen with me”, Or Another Thing I Learned From Bill 02:41
- 56: “Meet Our New Rising Star…”, Or Yet Another Thing I Learned From Bill 02:22
- 57: “Thank you”, Or What I Learned From Kevin 01:32
- 58: Cakes On A Friday, Or What I learned From Brian 02:12
- 59: “You’re Allowed To Talk To Each Other, You Know”, Or Another Thing I Lear 01:48
- 60: “I Don’t Do Half Days”, Or What I Learned From Keith 01:43
"But why should I take your course, Alan?"
And that's an important question. Now, it may seem counter-intuitive, but I'm going to paraphrase something George Bernard Shaw said "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach", but some do both.
I remember when I was doing my formal qualifications in my chosen profession quite a few years ago...one of my lecturers often started his sentences with "When I was in industry..." He was a great guy, no doubt a brilliant academic, but he hadn't practised what he was teaching for over 20 years. I think it's a perishable skill.
I could tell you I've worked at a senior level across several very different industry sectors: automotive, manufacturing, FMCG, healthcare, pharma, and service industries. I've worked in both the public and private sectors. I've been head-hunted by blue chip companies, Times Top 100 companies...but all of that is history. The important thing is...I still do it.
This isn't a course on management theory. There are lots of those already. It's a practical one. It's hands on.
- I will guide you through my Three T's Methodology for creating super-star teams, complete with 9 actionable exercises that you can do today.
- I'll share with you my interview process for recruiting great people.
- NLP techniques for effective communication.
- We will cover the best ways to motivate your team.
- Practical day-to-day leadership and management.
- What to do with under-performers.
- I'll even share all the best lessons I've learned from my great managers.
This course is the result of 30 years of ongoing experience.
- If you currently lead, or manage people, you should take this course.
- If you aspire to lead, or manage people in the future, you should take this course.
Enrol now, and become the leader I know you can be!
See you in the course!
"Alan's experience is very valuable. It holds some eye-opener situations when you have to focus on process & solutions, not people to blame. Also a very easy-to-follow course, divided in small chunks easy to hear. Helpful course to have if you don't have great amounts of time at your disposal." - H. Paúl Cervera-García
"Good stuff. More practical stuff than most leadership books." - Joseph D. Rotman
"...a terrific course for someone at any level of management. Does a great job in focusing on true leadership with business examples; not simply pointing out 'management' tactics that specifically apply to the workplace. Highly recommend!"- Thomas Riley
"Simply awesome course, I loved the examples and how Alan explained everything. Well worth doing.!" - Stephen Lugar
"I really had some fun and learned a lot...Thank you for sharing your experience!" - Pedro Henrique
"I love Alan! He is easy to understand and learn from" - DeLisa Newstrom
Who is this course for?
Anyone who leads or manages people at any level
New leaders or managers
Anyone who aspires to be a leader or manager
Existing leaders and managers, who want more tools in their toolbox
A willingness to learn
An open mind
A desire to be a great leader or manager!
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Reed Courses Certificate of Completion
Digital certificate - Included
Will be downloadable when all lectures have been completed.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.