Law School Online - Contract Law (Module 1) - Diploma in Law - Access to University (LCATE)
- Exam(s) / assessment(s) is included in price
- Tutor is available to students
LAW SCHOOL - ONLINE - CONTRACT LAW CERTIFICATE - CONTENTS
LESSON(S) 1 & 2 - 'OFFER', 'INVITATION TO TREAT', 'REQUEST FOR INFORMATION'
- Offer v Invitation to Treat
- Bilateral & Unilateral Offers
- Advertisements - Carlill v Carbolic Smoke ball
- Ignorance of an Offer
- Request for information
LESSON 2(a) - TERMINATION OF OFFER
- Modes of Termination of an Offer
- Revocation / withdrawal of an offer
- Termination: Lapse of time, death & failure of a pre-condition
- Different classifications of a contract - Essential Reading
- Theories of Contract Law (Overview only) - Student Research required
LESSON 3 & 4 - ACCEPTANCE
- Acceptance - An Overview
- Acceptance - Silence
- Acceptance - Conduct
LESSON 4 - ACCEPTANCE
- Acceptance - The Postal Rule
- Acceptance - Implying Contracts
- Instantaneous Forms of Communication
- Battle of Forms
Help with Law Assignment(s)
LESSON 5 - PRIVITY OF CONTRACT
- Privity of Contract & Exceptions
LESSON 6 - LEGALITY, CAPACITY CERTAINTY
LESSON 7 - INTENTIONS TO CREATE LEGAL RELATIONS
- Family agreements
- Social agreements
- Commercial agreements
LESSON 8 & 9 - CONSIDERATION
- Rules on Consideration
LESSON 10 & 11 - TERMS OF A CONTRACT
- Parol Evidence
LESSON 12 - MISREPRESENTATION
- Misrepresentation & statements that do not constitute misrepresentation
- Misrepresentation - Different types: Fraudulent, Innocent, negligent
- Bars of Rescission
LESSON 13 - DISCHARGE OF A CONTRACT
- Discharging a contract
LESSON 14 - MISTAKE & TYPES OF MISAKE
LESSON 15 - DURESS
LESSON 16 - UNDUE INFLUENCE
LESSON 17 - EXEMPTION CLAUSES
LESSON 18 & 19 - REMEDIES
LESSON 20 - CONSUMER PROTECTION
- This online course is designed for law students and international lawyers who want to improve their knowledge of English contract law.
- This course may also be useful to university students who are studying a law degree and need support with contract law.
- This is the first module forms part of the Diploma in Law certificate (see below).
- Upon successful completion of the contract Law module students will be awarded with a 'Certificate in Contract Law'.
HOW IS THE COURSE DELIVERED
- Use of powerpoint presentations
- Continuous reviews by a tutor for most of the lectures
- Material is provided
- Passing all the respective multiple choice tests
- 3 assignments must be submitted and marked by tutor in order that the student successfully completes the module
- tutor support provided
Who is this course for?
- This online course is designed for law students and international lawyers who want to improve their knowledge of English contract law
- This course may also be useful to university students who are studying a law degree and need support with contract law
- This is the first module forms part of the Diploma in Law certificate (see below)
- Upon successful completion of the contract Law module students will be awarded with a 'Certificate in Contract Law'
Entry requirements for the Contract Law Certificate:
- 5 GCSE's including Maths & English or
- Good knowledge of English
If a student does not have the respective entry qualifications, the student can still enrol on this course provided that the student:
- can demonstrate their level of English to a member of staff of LCATE; or
provides a letter from their employer to LCATE demonstrating their knowledge and competence of English.
Upon completion of Contract Law Certificate students can continue and do the following courses:
- The English Legal System
- Communication & Legal Terminology
- Academic Research Skills
Diploma in Law awarded upon successful completion of 4 modules.
- Students can apply to an English university to study a law degree (terms & conditions apply); or
- the 'Extended Level 4 Diploma in Management'
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.