Law School Online - Contract Law Certificate - LLB, CILEX, GDL, CIMA students - Help with your Legal Studies
LAW SCHOOL ONLINE - HELP WITH YOUR CONTRACT LAW STUDIES
- This online course is designed for law students and international lawyers who want to improve their knowledge of English contract law.
- This course may also be useful to university students who are studying a law degree and need support with contract law.
- This course may also be useful to CILEX, Graduate Diploma in Law students who require support with contract law.
- This course may also be useful to students studying the Chartered Institute of Management Accounts and require help understanding contract law.
- Upon successful completion of the contract Law module students will be awarded with a 'Certificate in Contract Law'.
- This course does not form part of the 'Diploma in Law' - Access to University course.
HOW IS THE COURSE DELIVERED
- Use of powerpoint presentations
- Material included
- Passing all the respective multiple choice tests
LAW SCHOOL - ONLINE - CONTRACT LAW CERTIFICATE
Students will be expected to attain more than 60% in each quiz to attain the Contract law certificate
This course provides students with an overview of contract law
CONTENTS - CONTRACT LAW COURSE
LESSON(S) 1 & 2 - 'OFFER', 'INVITATION TO TREAT', 'REQUEST FOR INFORMATION'
- Offer v Invitation to Treat
- Bilateral & Unilateral Offers
- Advertisements - Carlill v Carbolic Smoke ball
- Ignorance of an Offer
- Request for information
LESSON 2(a) - TERMINATION OF OFFER
- Modes of Termination of an Offer
- Revocation / withdrawal of an offer
- Termination: Lapse of time, death & failure of a pre-condition
- Different classifications of a contract - Essential Reading
- Theories of Contract Law (Overview only) - Student Research required
LESSON 3 & 4 - ACCEPTANCE
- Acceptance - An Overview
- Acceptance - Silence
- Acceptance - Conduct
LESSON 4 - ACCEPTANCE
- Acceptance - The Postal Rule
- Acceptance - Implying Contracts
- Instantaneous Forms of Communication
- Battle of Forms
- Help with Law Assignment(s)
LESSON 5 - PRIVITY OF CONTRACT
Privity of Contract & Exceptions
LESSON 6 - LEGALITY, CAPACITY CERTAINTY
LESSON 7 - INTENTIONS TO CREATE LEGAL RELATIONS
- Family agreements
- Social agreements
- Commercial agreements
LESSON 8 & 9 - CONSIDERATION
- Rules on Consideration
LESSON 10 & 11 - TERMS OF A CONTRACT
- Parol Evidence
LESSON 12 - MISREPRESENTATION
- Misrepresentation & statements that do not constitute misrepresentation
- Misrepresentation - Different types: Fraudulent, Innocent, negligent
- Bars of Rescission
LESSON 13 - DISCHARGE OF A CONTRACT
- Discharging a contract
LESSON 14 - MISTAKE & TYPES OF MISAKE
LESSON 15 - DURESS
LESSON 16 - UNDUE INFLUENCE
LESSON 17 - EXEMPTION CLAUSES
LESSON 18 & 19 - REMEDIES
LESSON 20 - CONSUMER PROTECTION
Who is this course for?
This course is recommended for:
- students who are interested in studying law and want to have an overview of contract law
- students who are studying a law degree and need help and support in understanding contract law
- students who are studying the exams to become a member of the - 'Chartered Institute of Legal Executives' and need help with understanding contract law
- students who are studying their law degree or the 'GDL' - Graduate Diploma in Law and need to understand contract law and require help and support in their studies
- students who are studying the Chartered Institute of Management Accounts (CIMA) exams and need support and help with contract law
- A good knowledge of English
- An interest in contract law
- This course is designed to provide students with an overview of contract law
- This course provides law students with lesson(s), review(s) and material in order that they can have an overview and better understanding of contract law
- The aim of this course is to help students understand contract law which will help them when they revise for their respective law exams
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.