Add to basket or enquire
LAW SCHOOL - ONLINE - CONTRACT LAW CERTIFICATE - CONTENTS
LESSON(S) 1 & 2 - 'OFFER', 'INVITATION TO TREAT', 'REQUEST FOR INFORMATION'
- Offer v Invitation to Treat
- Bilateral & Unilateral Offers
- Advertisements - Carlill v Carbolic Smoke ball
- Ignorance of an Offer
- Request for information
LESSON 2(a) - TERMINATION OF OFFER
- Modes of Termination of an Offer
- Revocation / withdrawal of an offer
- Termination: Lapse of time, death & failure of a pre-condition
- Different classifications of a contract - Essential Reading
- Theories of Contract Law (Overview only) - Student Research required
LESSON 3 & 4 - ACCEPTANCE
- Acceptance - An Overview
- Acceptance - Silence
- Acceptance - Conduct
LESSON 4 - ACCEPTANCE
- Acceptance - The Postal Rule
- Acceptance - Implying Contracts
- Instantaneous Forms of Communication
- Battle of Forms
Help with Law Assignment(s)
LESSON 5 - PRIVITY OF CONTRACT
- Privity of Contract & Exceptions
LESSON 6 - LEGALITY, CAPACITY CERTAINTY
LESSON 7 - INTENTIONS TO CREATE LEGAL RELATIONS
- Family agreements
- Social agreements
- Commercial agreements
LESSON 8 & 9 - CONSIDERATION
- Rules on Consideration
LESSON 10 & 11 - TERMS OF A CONTRACT
- Parol Evidence
LESSON 12 - MISREPRESENTATION
- Misrepresentation & statements that do not constitute misrepresentation
- Misrepresentation - Different types: Fraudulent, Innocent, negligent
- Bars of Rescission
LESSON 13 - DISCHARGE OF A CONTRACT
- Discharging a contract
LESSON 14 - MISTAKE & TYPES OF MISAKE
LESSON 15 - DURESS
LESSON 16 - UNDUE INFLUENCE
LESSON 17 - EXEMPTION CLAUSES
LESSON 18 & 19 - REMEDIES
LESSON 20 - CONSUMER PROTECTION
Level 3 Diploma in Law (QCF)
- This online course is designed for law students and international lawyers who want to improve their knowledge of English contract law.
- This course may also be useful to university students who are studying a law degree and need support with contract law.
- This is the first module forms part of the Diploma in Law certificate (see below).
- Upon successful completion of the contract Law module students will be awarded with a 'Certificate in Contract Law'.
HOW IS THE COURSE DELIVERED
- Use of powerpoint presentations
- Continuous reviews by a tutor for most of the lectures
- Material is provided
- Passing all the respective multiple choice tests
- 3 assignments must be submitted and marked by tutor in order that the student successfully completes the module
- tutor support provided
Who is this course for?
- This online course is designed for law students and international lawyers who want to improve their knowledge of English contract law
- This course may also be useful to university students who are studying a law degree and need support with contract law
- This is the first module forms part of the Diploma in Law certificate (see below)
- Upon successful completion of the contract Law module students will be awarded with a 'Certificate in Contract Law'
Entry requirements for the Contract Law Certificate:
- 5 GCSE's including Maths & English or
- Good knowledge of English
If a student does not have the respective entry qualifications, the student can still enrol on this course provided that the student:
- can demonstrate their level of English to a member of staff of LCATE; or
provides a letter from their employer to LCATE demonstrating their knowledge and competence of English.
Upon completion of Contract Law Certificate students can continue and do the following courses:
- The English Legal System
- Communication & Legal Terminology
- Academic Research Skills
Diploma in Law awarded upon successful completion of 4 modules.
- Students can apply to an English university to study a law degree (terms & conditions apply); or
- the 'Extended Level 4 Diploma in Management'
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.