Add to basket or enquire
While many aspire to be the hero of the frontline — doctors, nurses and surgeons, some of us want to be the hero working behind the scenes, lab technician.
This is a highly gratifying career that allows you to immerse yourself in the scientific and technological aspects of medicine. Lab technicians are professionals that analyse tissue and blood samples using laboratory equipment and test procedures. They play a critical role in assisting doctors with diagnosing and preventing diseases. Nonetheless, lab technicians require extensive training and continuous skill development. With this Lab Technician course, you can gain all the necessary knowledge to embark on this rewarding career.
Throughout the course, you will explore the core aspects of laboratory technology and learn about the vital role of a lab technician. In this extensive course, you will get the opportunity to know the ins and outs of a clinical laboratory, including its equipment and safety rules. In addition, this course will tell you about the significance of disinfection, decontamination and quality assurance in a laboratory. You will also learn about the fundamentals of haematology, immunology, microbiology and parasitology. This comprehensive learning package will guide you through the process of collecting and processing blood specimens, as well as a urinalysis.
Our Lab Technician Advanced Diploma is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme, ensuring your newly acquired skills will enhance your professional development. The Lab Technician Advanced Diploma is also accredited by CPD, with 180 CPD points available to you as proof of your achievement.
Sign up for this lab technician course now and train to be the hero behind the scenes.
What you'll get out of this Lab Technician course:
- Deepen your understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a laboratory technician.
- Gain insight into the medical laboratory services and learn about the rules of a medical laboratory.
- Familiarise yourself with various types and functions of laboratory equipment, including the crucial topic of centrifuges safety.
- Study in detail about microscopes and their different parts and functions.
- Get to know the importance of sterilisation, disinfection, and decontamination in a laboratory setting.
- Learn the basics of haematology and understand the fundamentals of haemostasis (coagulation).
- Become well acquainted with the basics of immunology and immunohematology.
- Step-by-step guidance on how to do a urinalysis and learn about kidney diseases.
- Develop a strong understanding of collecting and processing blood specimens for chemical analysis.
- Understand the core aspects of microbiology and parasitology.
- Strengthen your knowledge of different types of laboratory hazards and rules of safety.
- Gear up with the fundamentals and significance of quality assurance in the clinical laboratory.
Why People Enrol this Lab Technician Advanced Diploma From One Education:
- Eligibility for an Endorsed certificate upon successful completion of the Lab Technician Advanced Diploma
- Learning materials of our Lab Technician Advanced Diploma contains engaging voiceover and visual elements for your comfort
- Get 24/7 access to all Lab Technician Advanced Diploma course content for a full year
- Complete the Lab Technician Advanced Diploma at your own pace
- Each of our students gets full tutor support on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Efficient assessments and instant results upon completion of our Lab Technician Advanced Diploma
Please note: This course only gives you the theoretical knowledge that you need to excel in this field. This Lab Technician Advanced Diploma doesn't entitle you to practise as a professional in this specific field.
We’ve taken this comprehensive Lab Technician Advanced Diploma and broken it down into 16 manageable modules, which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the laboratory technician skills. It really is a sure pathway to success for you to become a laboratory technician.
This Lab Technician Advanced Diploma is designed with the following modules:
Lab Technician: Module 01
Introduction to the Course
- Lab Technician- Introduction to Laboratory Technician
- Lab Technician- What Is a Laboratory
- Lab Technician- What Is Clinical Laboratory
Lab Technician: Module 02
Medical Laboratory Services
- Lab Technician- Role of Medical Laboratory Services
- Lab Technician- Rules & Regulations of Medical Laboratory
- Lab Technician- Medical Laboratory Request Forms
Lab Technician: Module 03
Laboratory Equipment (Part-01)
- Lab Technician- Introduction to Laboratory Equipment
- Lab Technician- General Labware
- Lab Technician- Types and Functions of Labware
Lab Technician: Module 04
Laboratory Equipment (Part-02)
- Lab Technician- Common Laboratory Equipment
- Lab Technician- Centrifuges
- Lab Technician- Centrifuges Safety
Lab Technician: Module 05
Microscope and How to Use it
- Lab Technician- What is Microscope?
- Lab Technician- Types of Microscopes
- Lab Technician- Parts of the Microscopes
Lab Technician: Module 06
Solutions Used in Clinical/Medical Laboratory
- Lab Technician- Solutions, Solute and Solvent
- Lab Technician- Percent Solutions
- Lab Technician- Molar Solutions
Lab Technician: Module 07
Sterilisation, Disinfection and Decontamination
- Lab Technician- Definition of Sterilisation
- Lab Technician- Methods of Sterilisation
Lab Technician: Module 08
- Lab Technician- Basic Haematology
- Lab Technician- The Circulatory System
- Lab Technician- Composition of Blood
Lab Technician: Module 09
Basic Haemostasis (Coagulation)
- Lab Technician- Haemostasis
- Lab Technician- Principles of Haemostasis
- Lab Technician- Control Mechanism in Haemostasis
Lab Technician: Module 10
Basic Immunology and Immunohematology
- Lab Technician- Immunology
- Lab Technician- The Immune System
- Lab Technician- Immunoglobulins
Lab Technician: Module 11
- Lab Technician- The Urinary System
- Lab Technician- Diseases of the Kidneys
- Lab Technician- Urine Collection and Processing
Lab Technician: Module 12
Basic Clinical Chemistry
- Lab Technician- Types of Blood Specimens for Chemical Analysis
- Lab Technician- Collecting and Processing Blood Specimens
- Lab Technician- Chemistry Instrumentation
Lab Technician: Module 13
Basic Clinical Microbiology
- Lab Technician- Microbiology
- Lab Technician- Key Terms in Microbiology
- Lab Technician- Infection Prevention in Healthcare Settings
Lab Technician: Module 14
- Lab Technician- Parasitology
- Lab Technician- Organisms Parasitic for Humans
- Lab Technician- Collecting and Processing Specimens for Parasite Detection
Lab Technician: Module 15
Laboratory Accidents and Safety
- Lab Technician- Chemical Hazards
- Lab Technician- Electrical Hazards
- Lab Technician- Fire Hazards
Lab Technician: Module 16
- Lab Technician- Quality Assurance in the Clinical Laboratory
- Lab Technician- The Importance of Quality Assurance
- Lab Technician- Quality Improvement
How is the Lab Technician Advanced Diploma assessed?
To simplify the procedure of evaluation and accreditation for learners, we provide an automated assessment system. Upon completion of an online module, you will immediately be given access to a specifically crafted MCQ test. The results will be evaluated instantly, and the score displayed for your perusal. For each test, the pass mark will be set to 60%.
When all tests have been successfully passed, you will be able to order a certificate endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme.
Certificate of Achievement
Endorsed Certificate of Achievement from the Quality Licence Scheme
After successfully completing the Lab Technician, learners will be able to order an endorsed certificate as proof of their achievement. Hardcopy of this certificate of achievement endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme can be ordered and received straight to your home by post, by paying —
- Within the UK: £129
- International: £129 + £10 (postal charge) = £139
CPD & IAO Accredited Certification from One Education
After successfully completing this Lab Technician, you will qualify for the CPD & IAO accredited certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in both PDF & hardcopy format, which can be received by paying —
- PDF Certificate: £9
- Hardcopy Certificate (within the UK): £15
Hardcopy Certificate (international): £15 + £10 (postal charge) = £25
Who is this course for?
This Lab Technician Advanced Diploma is ideal for
- Recent graduates
- Job Seekers
- Anyone interested in this topic
- People already working in the relevant fields and want to polish their knowledge and skill.
There are no specific prerequisites to enrol in this Lab Technician Advanced Diploma. Anyone and everyone can take this course.
The Lab Technician Advanced Diploma is fully accessible from any internet-enabled smart device. So, you can study from the comfort of your home!
All you need is a passion for learning, literacy, and to be over the age of 16.
This Lab Technician course will equip you with a portfolio of in-demand skills and prepare you for a number of gratifying job opportunities, such as—
- Medical/Clinical Lab Technician
- Pathology Assistant
- Nuclear Medicine Technician
- Anesthesia Technician
In the United Kingdom, the average income for these career opportunities is typically between £15,000 and £40,000 per year.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
What are the nominal course hours for the Lab Tech Diploma?
Hi Mike, The total duration of the course is 6 hours. However, you will get a one year access to the course after purchasing and you can complete the course anytime within a year. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Ms dina makwana asked:
For how many years is this certificate valid for
Hi Ms Dina, The certificate will be valid for lifetime. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
OLIAM JOFREY asked:
HOW SHOULD I JOIN?
Hi Oliam, You just need to purchase the course to join it. Please, click on 'Add to Basket' tab from the course page to purchase the course. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.