Add to basket or enquire
Our Lab Technician Advanced Diploma is endorsed by the leading national awarding organisation ABC Awards, ensuring your newly-acquired skills will enhance your professional development. The Lab Technician Advanced Diploma is also accredited by CPD, with 180 CPD points available to you as proof of your achievement.
If you have a passion for science and have always dreamed of donning some goggles and working in a laboratory, the Lab Technician Advanced Diploma training course is the perfect way to kickstart your career as a qualified lab technician.
Lab technicians are at the heart of every research lab, and their meticulous work ensures that the laboratory runs smoothly and efficiently at all times. The Lab Technician Advanced Diploma is designed to provide you with in-depth insight into the roles of lab technicians and prove you with the specific skill set you need to succeed.
The Lab Technician Advanced Diploma specifically looks at the skills and knowledge needed to work as a medical lab technician. Learn about the lab technician equipment you will use on a daily basis as well as the various solutions used in a medical laboratory. The Lab Technician Advanced Diploma will also teach you the importance of proper sterilisation, disinfection and decontamination techniques as a lab technician. Learn the basics of the types of procedures you will be expected to perform as a lab technician and feel prepared for your new role in the laboratory.
What Will I Learn From This Lab Technician Advanced Diploma:
- Learn the roles and responsibilities that are typically expected of a lab technician in the laboratory
- Take an in-depth look at medical laboratory services and the skills needed as a medical lab technician
- Learn about the types of laboratory equipment you will use as a lab technician including test tubes, beakers, pipettes, pH meters, and temperature-controlled units
- Discover how to use a microscope in a professional laboratory setting
- Gain an understanding of the solutions used in the laboratory and how a lab technician should use them correctly
- Discover how to sterilise, disinfect and decontaminate all the laboratory equipment
- Gain insight into basic clinical chemistry and clinical microbiology
- Learn how to deal with accidents in the laboratory, as well as the health and safety requirements you need to consider as a lab technician
Why People Enrol this Lab Technician Advanced Diploma From One Education:
- Receive an ABC Awards-endorsed certificate upon successful completion of the Lab Technician Advanced Diploma
- Learning materials of our Lab Technician Advanced Diploma contains engaging voiceover and visual elements for your comfort
- Get 24/7 access to all Lab Technician Advanced Diploma course content for a full year
- Complete the Lab Technician Advanced Diploma at your own pace
- Each of our students gets full tutor support on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Efficient assessments and instant results upon completion of our Lab Technician Advanced Diploma
We’ve taken this comprehensive Lab Technician Advanced Diploma and broken it down into 16 manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the laboratory technician skills. It really is a sure pathway to success for you to become a laboratory technician.
This Lab Technician Advanced Diploma is designed with the following modules:
Module 01: Introduction to the Course
- Introduction to Laboratory Technician
- What Is a Laboratory
- What Is Clinical Laboratory
Module 02: Medical Laboratory Services
- Role of Medical Laboratory Services
- Rules & Regulations of Medical Laboratory
- Medical Laboratory Request Forms
Module 03: Laboratory Equipment (Part-01)
- Introduction to Laboratory Equipment
- General Labware
- Types and Functions of Labware
Module 04: Laboratory Equipment (Part-02)
- Common Laboratory Equipment
- Centrifuges Safety
Module 05: Microscope and How to Use it
- What is Microscope?
- Types of Microscopes
- Parts of the Microscopes
Module 06: Solutions Used in Clinical/Medical Laboratory
- Solutions, Solute and Solvent
- Percent Solutions
- Molar Solutions
Module 07: Sterilisation, Disinfection and Decontamination
- Definition of Sterilisation
- Methods of Sterilisation
Module 08: Basic Haematology
- Basic Haematology
- The Circulatory System
- Composition of Blood
Module 09: Basic Haemostasis (Coagulation)
- Principles of Haemostasis
- Control Mechanism in Haemostasis
Module 10: Basic Immunology and Immunohematology
- The Immune System
Module 11: Urinalysis
- The Urinary System
- Diseases of the Kidneys
- Urine Collection and Processing
Module 12: Basic Clinical Chemistry
- Types of Blood Specimens for Chemical Analysis
- Collecting and Processing Blood Specimens
- Chemistry Instrumentation
Module 13: Basic Clinical Microbiology
- Key Terms in Microbiology
- Infection Prevention in Healthcare Settings
Module 14: Basic Parasitology
- Organisms Parasitic for Humans
- Collecting and Processing Specimens for Parasite Detection
Module 15: Laboratory Accidents and Safety
- Chemical Hazards
- Electrical Hazards
- Fire Hazards
Module 16: Quality Assurance
- Quality Assurance in the Clinical Laboratory
- The Importance of Quality Assurance
- Quality Improvement
How is the Lab Technician Advanced Diploma assessed?
To simplify the procedure of evaluation and accreditation for learners, we provide an automated assessment system. Upon completion of an online module, you will immediately be given access to a specifically crafted MCQ test. The results will be evaluated instantly, and the score displayed for your perusal. For each test, the pass mark will be set to 60%.
When all tests have been successfully passed, you will be able to claim a recognised and professional certificate endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards. ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality License Scheme is a respected global brand name in the education sector.
Endorsed Certification from ABC Awards
After successfully completing the Lab Technician Advanced Diploma, learners will be able to order an endorsed certificate as proof of their new qualification. Endorsed certificates can be ordered and get delivered to your home by post for only £129. There is an additional £10 postage charge for international students.
CPD Certification from One Education
After successfully completing the MCQ assessment of this Lab Technician Advanced Diploma, you will qualify for the CPD Certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in PDF format, at the cost of £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, at the cost of £15.
Who is this course for?
This Lab Technician Advanced Diploma is ideal for
- Recent graduates
- Job Seekers
- Anyone interested in this topic
- People already working in the relevant fields and want to polish their knowledge and skill.
There are no specific prerequisites to enrol in this Lab Technician Advanced Diploma. Anyone and everyone can take this course.
The Lab Technician Advanced Diploma is fully accessible from any internet-enabled smart device. So, you can study from the comfort of your home!
All you need is a passion for learning, literacy, and to be over the age of 16.
Completing this Lab Technician Advanced Diploma would benefit a range of careers, but would specifically boost employability in roles including:
- Laboratory Analyst
- Lab Technician
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
What are the nominal course hours for the Lab Tech Diploma?
Hi Mike, The total duration of the course is 6 hours. However, you will get a one year access to the course after purchasing and you can complete the course anytime within a year. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Ms dina makwana asked:
For how many years is this certificate valid for
Hi Ms Dina, The certificate will be valid for lifetime. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
OLIAM JOFREY asked:
HOW SHOULD I JOIN?
Hi Oliam, You just need to purchase the course to join it. Please, click on 'Add to Basket' tab from the course page to purchase the course. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.